PDA

View Full Version : web browser and airlines?

Workaholic
11-03-2007, 01:14 PM
I have had my blackberry for about a month now. I have a 8830 with verizon and it has been extremely beneficial to me so far. I still am learning something new about my phone everyday. Last weekend I rode with 5 other people for 9 hours to Atlanta because one of the people I was traveling with was scared to fly. I haven't really used my BB to surf the internet but while sitting in a meeting I decided I was going to schedule a flight home instead of driving another 9 hours. To my dismay I couldn't book a flight through my BB. I checked several airlines and it was the same with them all. Is there a different browser or something I need to download to be able to book my flight and check in through my BB?

John Clark
11-03-2007, 01:15 PM
You can try Opera Mini...

www.operamini.com

tmass
11-03-2007, 02:34 PM
Yeah; I had to use Opera mini to order a pizza online from Papa John's because the BB browser wouldn't let me.

Ggalat
11-04-2007, 08:48 PM
Most airlines will not enable wireless users to either book or check in fro flights (using any handheld), ostensibly for security purposes. The web servers auto-detect the browser agent as a wireless handheld and redirect (in most cases) to a WAP version of the site. Other sites use AJAX (Asynchronous JavaScript) which is challenging to use/support on a device browser.