PDA

View Full Version : Using 2 SIM cards at once

mckinneycm
11-03-2007, 02:19 PM
Has anyone tried using this device yet? It allows you to run 2 SIMs at once:

Universal Twin SIM Adaptor - UnlockItNow.com (http://www.unlockitnow.com/products/product_info.php?pName=universal-twin-sim-adaptor)

I'm kind of skeptical, because you have to cut each SIM card.

ezrunner
11-03-2007, 03:44 PM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Ya sounds wack to me but don't know! Be interesting to find out

Spencer_CDS
11-03-2007, 04:02 PM
Hmm ... this is quite fascinating. It says to switch all one needs to do is power-cycle their handset ... but, with a BlackBerry ... couldn't you just turn the wireless off and on, and that'd do it?

Spencer_CDS
11-03-2007, 04:03 PM
Also, I believe this belongs under Hardware & Accessories, no?

mckinneycm
11-03-2007, 04:04 PM
Hmm ... this is quite fascinating. It says to switch all one needs to do is power-cycle their handset ... but, with a BlackBerry ... couldn't you just turn the wireless off and on, and that'd do it?

I took it as maybe doing a reset/battery pull.

Spencer_CDS
11-03-2007, 04:17 PM
I took it as maybe doing a reset/battery pull.

See, that's what I'm thinking ... but, what a pain, when to think you could just turn the wireless off and on and it work just the same.

mckinneycm
11-03-2007, 04:28 PM
See, that's what I'm thinking ... but, what a pain, when to think you could just turn the wireless off and on and it work just the same.

Maybe you could just go to Options -> Mobile Network and change what network you're on. It would be interesting to try. I'm thinking about ordering one. I have a couple extra SIMs so if I screw them up cutting them, I won't be 'cell dead'.

Spencer_CDS
11-03-2007, 04:30 PM
Maybe you could just go to Options -> Mobile Network and change what network you're on. It would be interesting to try. I'm thinking about ordering one. I have a couple extra SIMs so if I screw them up cutting them, I won't be 'cell dead'.

I don't foresee it being so easy, as BlackBerry handsets can only read one SIM card at a time, even though two are readily available ... at least, as far as I know.

mckinneycm
11-03-2007, 04:33 PM
I guess all we can do is test it out...I'll order one and let you know what I find.

Spencer_CDS
11-03-2007, 04:38 PM
I guess all we can do is test it out...I'll order one and let you know what I find.

I suppose ... seems iffy, though. Besides, if it does require a battery pull, that almost defeats the purpose of having this little adapter, as it is advertised as eliminating the need to do so. One might as well keep the spare SIM card between the battery cover and just switch them back and forth during the battery pull and save the $20.

mckinneycm
11-03-2007, 04:43 PM
I suppose ... seems iffy, though. Besides, if it does require a battery pull, that almost defeats the purpose of having this little adapter, as it is advertised as eliminating the need to do so. One might as well keep the spare SIM card between the battery cover and just switch them back and forth during the battery pull and save the $20.

You don't have to do a battery pull to reset it. You can use the reset application.

Spencer_CDS
11-03-2007, 05:16 PM
You don't have to do a battery pull to reset it. You can use the reset application.

Ahh, we can use ALT+CAP+DEL or SoftReset? Well, I admit, that does make it a bit sweeter.

Markcarovilli
11-06-2007, 09:53 AM
if anyone trys this dual sim please post. There are several available and it would be a great tool if they work.