PDA

View Full Version : 8830 text message slow as hell!

CotaMark
11-04-2007, 10:36 PM
So just recently every once and a while when i go to send a text message-i type the message, push the track ball then push send.Then it just sits there frozen for anywhere between 4 and 8 seconds. It happens sporadically and i haven't dropped it or anything.

I've reset it as well and it still does it. Any suggestions?:? :?

veks
11-04-2007, 10:55 PM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

Maybe you're in an area that has poor reception.

rjansen3
11-04-2007, 11:08 PM
Check your signal, if its good, make sure you don't have a million different programs running, as your phones processor can only handle so much. You can see what programs are running by holding down alt and clicking the back key. If you see a program you don't want running, hover over it and release the alt key. Then be sure to click menu>close. Maybe that'll help.

Good luck!

dtdt
11-05-2007, 01:34 AM
I have a "similar" issue in that sometimes it takes anywhere from 1 to 60+ minutes to receive texts and for others to receive my texts. Not often, just once in awhile. I've tested this using my wife's cell phone (also Verizon, although not a BB, but that shouldn't matter).

I get 5 bars almost always in L.A.

zerog46
11-05-2007, 01:51 AM
I only seem to have problems sending to Nextel users sometimes takes hours.

CotaMark
11-05-2007, 01:48 PM
Check your signal, if its good, make sure you don't have a million different programs running, as your phones processor can only handle so much. You can see what programs are running by holding down alt and clicking the back key. If you see a program you don't want running, hover over it and release the alt key. Then be sure to click menu>close. Maybe that'll help.

Good luck!

Hmmm...well tried that, and when i release the alt key the program opens up then I do menu>close and it goes away. When i look at what programs are open, the same ones are. Also..now my phone is being lame all around: alarm won't go off when scheduled to (when it does it only beeps once, not the three i have it set up for) the calendar reminder doesn't go off, sometimes (just noticed it twice) if the time is 10:24 (for example) it may skip 10:25 and straight to 10:26...just a bunch of little annoyances.

Anymore tips!? I appreciate all your help. Also, how would I go about getting a new phone, I've only had this one for almost 4 months.Would te new phone be a refurbished or brand new?

Thanks again :smile: :smile:

rjansen3
11-06-2007, 09:23 AM
try wiping the OS and starting over again. Make sure you back up appropriate information before wiping! Here is a link that will help you do this.

How do I wipe the BlackBerry using Jl Cmder? - BlackBerryFAQ (http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_do_I_wipe_the_BlackBerry_using_Jl_Cmder%3F)

Good Luck!