PDA

View Full Version : 7100i nextel/telus issues!

sv123
11-05-2007, 08:39 PM
So I recently obtained a Nextel 7100i for use on the Telus/Mike network in Canada. When I insert my current SIM card (64k) and power it on, it states "SIM Card Error". It reads the phone number, so it must be reading the card...?

Also, I'm running 4.1.0.376. I tried reinstalling 4.1.0.376 and still no luck.

Lastly, when I try and make a call, it asks me to turn on the radio, which I do. However, it just times out.

Any ideas? I'd like to get past this SIM Card Error so I can get it unlocked.

Thanks!!

sv123
11-06-2007, 08:32 AM
To Unlock:

1. On the Home screen, click the Tools icon. The Options screen appears.

2. In the tools screen, select the Settings icon.

3. Scroll to SIM Card and select it. You should see the phone number and the SIM ID number.

4. Type ‘meppd’ to display the first five levels of SIM locking. T-Mobile uses network locking so the Network should display Active. All other states should display Disabled

5. Type ‘mepp2′ to display the dialog box asking for the unlock code (Press the Alt + 2 key to get the number 2)

6. Input the SIM Unlock code (16 digits provided by carrier)

7. Press ENTER and reboot handheld.

I followed those instructions, however, I didn't get the prompt to enter the code

CourtneyK
11-07-2007, 03:14 PM
You can try and pulling the battery while the phone is powered on. Take the SIM out and make sure it was inserted in correctly. Once you put the battery back in it should start booting on it's own. If that hasn't cleared the error and you've had the phone for less than 30 days you can return it to the point of purchase. They'll either replace the whole unit or just the unit.

Dawg
11-07-2007, 03:24 PM
I followed those instructions, however, I didn't get the prompt to enter the code

because they are for tmobile not iden based phones If I am not mistaken you can use a telus in the states but you cant use a nextel on telus with out getting the device unlocked by nextel

CourtneyK
11-07-2007, 03:38 PM
All internet ready phones can be used in Canada under Nextel, so long as they have an interntional feature on the account. The Blackberry should be able to be used in Canada with no problems.

Dawg
11-07-2007, 03:40 PM
All internet ready phones can be used in Canada under Nextel, so long as they have an interntional feature on the account. The Blackberry should be able to be used in Canada with no problems.

But hes not under nextel he is under telus its not a phone issue its a carrier issue same way for the mexican nextels