PDA

View Full Version : Flash???

GTIjeff18T
11-06-2007, 01:21 PM
How do I get flash on my 8703e? if not possible how do you view video sites like youtube and such on your phone?

Chperplt
11-06-2007, 01:54 PM
How do I get flash on my 8703e? if not possible how do you view video sites like youtube and such on your phone?

I'm sure one of the experts will chime in, but I think the answer is you don't. You'll need to get a different phone to view video sites.

jeremyckitching
11-06-2007, 02:02 PM
I'm sure one of the experts will chime in, but I think the answer is you don't. You'll need to get a different phone to view video sites.

Correct. BlackBerries don't natively display flash at this time.

GTIjeff18T
11-06-2007, 03:08 PM
Correct. BlackBerries don't natively display flash at this time.

so then is there any way to view videos on the 8703e

jeremyckitching
11-06-2007, 03:10 PM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry 8700g: BlackBerry8320/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

There may be a third-party program. I don't believe they can do streaming video, and they don't have removable storage. I would guess no, but again there may be a third-party solution.

ManiacDan
11-06-2007, 03:12 PM
It's possible to watch videos, you can save real videos into your media folder and play them with a media player.

You cannot watch flash videos, as they are not real "videos", but rather full animated flash applications, and blackberries don't do flash. It's on the to-do list for the opera mini team, so maybe the next full opera mini version will have it.

So the short version is: you can't go to youtube or google video on your blackberry. You can TRY to go to sites that translate youtube videos into more readable file formats, but that's sort of annoying.

You could get an iPhone or something like that, but I'm assuming you want to get work done on your mobile device, so that might not be the best bet.

My advice is to stick with regular text and graphics sites and wait for opera to release flash support.

-Dan

GTIjeff18T
11-06-2007, 03:18 PM
It's possible to watch videos, you can save real videos into your media folder and play them with a media player.

You cannot watch flash videos, as they are not real "videos", but rather full animated flash applications, and blackberries don't do flash. It's on the to-do list for the opera mini team, so maybe the next full opera mini version will have it.

So the short version is: you can't go to youtube or google video on your blackberry. You can TRY to go to sites that translate youtube videos into more readable file formats, but that's sort of annoying.

You could get an iPhone or something like that, but I'm assuming you want to get work done on your mobile device, so that might not be the best bet.

My advice is to stick with regular text and graphics sites and wait for opera to release flash support.

-Dan

thanks appreciate all the info

jonnn21
12-23-2007, 08:51 PM
Hey, Ive tried to watch video on the 8703 and it doesnt work. yes I get the video over to the device but no software will open to run them

Perfect Storm
12-23-2007, 09:10 PM
Video is not supported on the 8700 series.