PDA

View Full Version : New 8703e BES user

xyrcncp
11-06-2007, 03:15 PM
Hello all,

I've been a BIS user for quite a while (7100t, 8100 and currently 8320), but yesterday I was given an VZW 8703e here at work and obviously we're on BES. Since I've never been on BES, I have a few questions.

I'm used to installing the BB OS and the DM on my desktop, but here at work, only the DM is installed and when I go through the usual directory path, I can't find the folders to edit themes and such. When I go to the Application Loader in DM, I only see the themes and apps I just downloaded OTA.

Now, does this mean that the OS is not locally installed, but it's running on the BES server or not? Can I just DL the new 4.2 OS and install it on my PC or are there IT policies that will prevent me from doing that?

I hate myself for asking questions like this as I'm a BB user already, but being I'm new to BES... :)

Thanks.

penguin3107
11-06-2007, 03:24 PM
The device you have is not yours.
You should consult your IT Department before modifying it.
You may be putting your job at risk by making any changes to your corporate handheld.
Be careful how you proceed.

xyrcncp
11-06-2007, 09:40 PM
Thanks for the advice, as for risking my job, let's just say I'm in a position in the company that will prevent that from happening. My PC tech is out of the office and setup my BB before he left, I just wanted to know what I could do at this point. I guess I'll wait until he comes back.