PDA

View Full Version : New to Blackberry Wondering About GPS...

srmiller82
06-16-2005, 10:02 AM
Hi everybody new to blackberry just bought one, and I do alot of driving, i'm in service. Was wondering if there is a cheap solution to GPS. I'm with nextel, and I was on there site and everything looks sortve expensive. The cheapest it looked I could get GOOD service for is like and extra 15.00/month or around there and I had a gps for my laptop didnt even have to pay any fees to use it just had to pay for the receiver. Anybody had any success using gps on their blackberry. I would like to use it on there because I hate lugging around a huge laptop just for gps.

Thanks everybody,
Sean

Oh and one more thing I would like to setup appointments from my desktop and transfer them to my blackberry, but I dont have outlook 2003 or whatever and thats like 100 dollars and I spent quite a bit ont he blackberry I hate to buy more just to setup appointments from my main computer. I dont mind plugging it directly to computer its just easier to type them in on my computer at the office then trying to type it on the blackberry.

Pitbull
06-16-2005, 11:15 AM
Hey srmiller -

Thanks for starting this thread - I'm interested in this as well. I'll keep an eye on it.

I know that the BB sync program uses several desktop managers. Do you have one already? I'm sure there's some free ones out there. Or cheap ones at least.

Andy

Dawg
06-16-2005, 11:43 AM
Wirelessly posted (Dawgs 7520: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry7520/4.0.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Well you can only get gps through nextel or telenav and they are the same program. As far as using desk top you need some sort of desktop software. There are many many threads about gps and nextel just type telenav in the search bar

Dawg
06-16-2005, 11:44 AM
Wirelessly posted (Dawgs 7520: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry7520/4.0.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Well you can only get gps through nextel or telenav and they are the same program. As far as using desk top you need some sort of desktop software. There are many many threads about gps and nextel just type telenav in the search bar

TheWastedYears
06-16-2005, 11:52 AM
Nextel was offering a free 30 day trial of Telenav. Couldn't hurt to try it out.