PDA

View Full Version : Where's my Browser?

cmariani
11-06-2007, 09:31 PM
I just upgraded from an 8703e to an 8830. My old BB had 2 browsers, the standard browser and a second version which was "installed" by my company when I went through enterprise activation. My new BB (the 8830) only seems to have my company's browser but not the standard browser. This wouldn't be an issue except my company's browser seems run through a filter so as a result a lot of sites are blocked. Anyone have any idea how to get the standard, non company filtered browser?

Thanks in advance.

mckinneycm
11-06-2007, 09:36 PM
It sounds like you are on BES. Your company may have an IT policy that disables the BB browser. You can try to re-send service books, or doing a reset (Alt+Cap+Del).

akosnitzky
11-06-2007, 09:37 PM
Wirelessly posted (Verizon 8830: BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

From the homescreen, on the menu button, click "show all"
If not, what has your IT person said because I think it may have been intentionally removed by your employer.

cmariani
11-06-2007, 09:52 PM
As I said, I switched from the 8703e to the 8830 this afternoon. My 8703 had the BB Browser on and working this morning. The 8830 has it missing. Unless my company switched its policy today, the same day I switched, I don't think its an issue with my company but rather an issue with how the BB was set up by Sprint. How exactly do I resend service books? Oh, and ALT-CAP-DEL doesn't reset my BB??

mckinneycm
11-06-2007, 10:00 PM
To resend service books, go to Setup Internet Email, Service Books, Send Service Books.

cmariani
11-06-2007, 10:16 PM
I shut down and restarted the BB and also resent the service books and that solved the issue....sort of. I don't have a seperate icon for each browser, but now under the browser options both the BB browser and the company's browser are available. I went to advanced options: browser and selected the BB Browser as default and that did it!!

jsntrenkler
11-07-2007, 03:04 AM
To resend service books, go to Setup Internet Email, Service Books, Send Service Books.

Thanks for the tip ... Was wondering how to resend the service books.