PDA

View Full Version : mp3 ringtones on 8830

SprintRetailCon.
11-06-2007, 09:48 PM
I used to have a blackberry 8703 back in the day and switched to the Sprint 8830. Not feelin the lil pearl ball. Im a traditional trackwheel kinda dude. But can anyone answer this for me......Why does the BB say on the box that it supports MP3 ringtones? How am i able to upload mp3s or whatver on my phone and use them as ringtones? Really appreciate the help.

juwaack68
11-06-2007, 09:53 PM
Moved your Q to a new thread since it didn't really apply to the thread you posted in.

Welcome to the forums :-)

sLpFhaWK
11-07-2007, 01:06 AM
Well the DM software has a roxio media manager built in, so you can transfer that way i'm pretty sure.. But if you get a microSD card you can just enable the mass storage option under the options and when u hook up the usb cable to ur pc it'll auto detect it as a card reader then uc an freely move mp3's back n forth that way. pretty simple actually

jsntrenkler
11-07-2007, 03:02 AM
Yep, with the mass storage option enabled on my mac it just appears as a disk volume, drag and drop.

dbltap
11-07-2007, 09:36 AM
A mistake I made early on with the storage card was NOT using the Blackberry directory structure. On the sd card, create a Blackberry folder. Then make sub-folders under that.

BlackBerry
|_ music
|_ pictures
|_ videos
|_ ringtones

Now you can drag any mp3 type file to ringtones or mp3 and they will be available on your device menus.

Personally, with a 4 gig card, I find it faster to pull the memory card from my phone and use the adapter to plug it directly into my computer. I can move my mp3 files over to the card and then put it back into my phone. Roxio seems to be very slow to me. YMMV