PDA

View Full Version : Why does my pearl in my VZW 8830 not work?

jacexface
11-07-2007, 04:49 AM
Hey guys. I've owned my VZW 8830 since basically it first came out and I ordered it over the phone from Verizon themselves. So basically, my pearl that is used to scroll won't scroll left. I can go in every directions besides left.

I was wondering if I can return it to any verizon store and ask them to fix it for me.

I'm not positive if I have insurance or warranty on it. Honestly, I probably don't. Will they fix it for me? Will they give me a new blackberry?

My blackberry has been dropped a couple of times and there are a few dings and scratches around it. Basically, What do you guys think is wrong and will they fix it for me?

Thanks guys!

mckinneycm
11-07-2007, 09:17 AM
You might just have something blocking it. Try pressing down on the pearl while you roll it around. Also, try pulling the battery out for a couple seconds.

jsntrenkler
11-07-2007, 01:00 PM
I have used the same procedure that I use on my Mighty Mouses ... (They have a little ball too) ... I just take a Q-Tip and dip it in some hydrogen peroxide, rotate the ball around (don't overcoat the ball) and then rub the ball dry with a lint free cloth. Takes two minutes and makes my little pearl in the blackberry work as new. I only have to do this every couple months.