PDA

View Full Version : BB email address

gep
11-07-2007, 09:21 AM
Since Im a little new to BB I have a question. When I got my BB and set up my email, I created a new BB email address for my device. Is there a way to access this from a PC on the Web? I would like to be able to view the emails, edit, delete, archive, etc. from a PC. Is this possible. I cannot find any info on this.

Dubdub
11-07-2007, 10:53 AM
If this is the carrier email address, then no, there is no way to view email received other than on the BB (provided it is setup on BIS). This is one of the reasons you should never use it. Another being there is NO SPAM filter, so you can be deluged with SPAM if it ever gets out.

Some people forward email to that address rather setting up a specific account on BIS. IMHO, this is a bad practice, because if RIM goes down for whatever reason (and it does) you are DOA with no email access.

Just my 5 cents.

jsntrenkler
11-07-2007, 12:57 PM
I don't use mine very much either ... I mostly use my .mac and IMAP Gmail on my blackberry (Check the comcast POP too) ... I love my blackberry, but I think the carrier email address is a waste.

mybbfan
11-07-2007, 01:59 PM
You can set up "Auto forward" email address for your BB address, then the messages that will be sent to your BB will also be sent to the "Auto forward". This way you can check them through your "Auto forward" email box (e.g. Yahoo, Gmail, etc.)

Find an Email setup... icon on your BB
Edit your BB address, here you can specify Auto forward