PDA

View Full Version : trouble after firmware update

theduskes
11-07-2007, 01:51 PM
I updated the 8830 firmware from telus....
Ever since (yesterday) I have been losing the 1XEV constantly!!!
I am very perturbed..can someone help me?
PS..The only way to get the networking back is to remove the battery...
Sucks to be me right now...:(

Thatzmister2u
11-07-2007, 01:53 PM
I updated the 8830 firmware from telus....
Ever since (yesterday) I have been losing the 1XEV constantly!!!
I am very perturbed..can someone help me?
PS..The only way to get the networking back is to remove the battery...
Sucks to be me right now...:(

I cant solve your problem but I can save you some battery pulls. When you lose the connect simply turn the radio off and back on it should synch back on.

I'll wait for others to chime in on the crux of the issue.

pattachan
11-07-2007, 04:19 PM
Install the latest vzw version delete the telus version, delete the vendor.xml file and reflash. If this doesn't solve the issue then I haven't the slightest.

wabbit
11-07-2007, 05:34 PM
have you tried to wipe the phone first with jmcmd(sp) cant think of the app thats listed on this site, then installing the os? if that dont fix it, try the current verizon os.

edit:

How do I wipe the BlackBerry using Jl Cmder? - BlackBerryFAQ (http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_do_I_wipe_the_BlackBerry_using_Jl_Cmder%3F)

to wipe the unit.

theduskes
11-07-2007, 09:00 PM
Why VZ if I am with Telus...
I am afraid that it will screw things up with my provider....NO?
As for pulling the cell to reboot...I tried shutting off the radio....but it stayed on 1X...
I am thinking just wiping the bloody thing...but does that mean that the original firmware is the one that will retunr or do i still get the new crappy, migrain generating firmware.

wabbit
11-07-2007, 09:56 PM
Why VZ if I am with Telus...
I am afraid that it will screw things up with my provider....NO?
As for pulling the cell to reboot...I tried shutting off the radio....but it stayed on 1X...
I am thinking just wiping the bloody thing...but does that mean that the original firmware is the one that will retunr or do i still get the new crappy, migrain generating firmware.

sprint cust and vz's had alot of problems with signals, the .148 vz released fixed alot of phones, they carrier does not know what software is on the phone. i think its software, since you didnt have this pre the upgrade,

1 is the upgrade got messed up a little, redo it but wipe the phone first, or try the verizon version, if it fixes it, its in software, saves you from taking time going to a store, if it dont fix it, you know its phone and you have to make a trip to the store

theduskes
11-08-2007, 08:47 AM
Can I get a step by step....or be pointed in the right direction to get from A-Z with a wipe and reinstall....and i am not sure what reflashing is or how i do that,,,,
I appreciate all your help.

Dawg
11-08-2007, 08:56 AM
Can I get a step by step....or be pointed in the right direction to get from A-Z with a wipe and reinstall....and i am not sure what reflashing is or how i do that,,,,
I appreciate all your help.

How do I upgrade the OS on my BlackBerry? - BlackBerryFAQ (http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_do_I_upgrade_the_OS_on_my_BlackBerry%3F)

theduskes
11-08-2007, 09:13 AM
Nice signature...LOL...
OK I have downloaded the Wiper app...and the telus 8830 os AGAIN.
I am ready to take the plunge and wipe...but I just wanna know...
Is this a healthy thing for a BB.....IM nervous to play with such an integral part of my business..I think I need Blackberry Therapy.

theduskes
11-08-2007, 09:33 AM
what about the service books and re-registering....
How do i get the service books back?

Dawg
11-08-2007, 09:34 AM
what about the service books and re-registering....
How do i get the service books back?

go to the blackberry internet service page where you signed up and resend them.