PDA

View Full Version : Messages application slow

Turkish_Leprechaun
11-08-2007, 12:10 AM
My messages application is EXTREMELY slow! I like to keep all my messages and I just found this application Free download ABC Amber BlackBerry Convertor, convert, backup and archive IPD files to CHM, PDF, HTML, Word, Access, Excel, CSV, IPD Extractor (http://www.processtext.com/abcblackberry.html) which does a great job converting the IPD files so I can view all my old messages and I went to delete the old ones and I went into the option and told it to delete all messages older than 30 days but they're not deleting...

I really need to get rid of these messages because I think they're slowing down the Messages application as there are over 8000 messages...

Anyone have any ideas why the old messages are not deleting?

Turkish_Leprechaun
11-08-2007, 03:13 AM
Hey so after playing with it for a few days and posting this I found the solution.

If you go into the Messages application and go to a specific date that you want to delete all the messages before highlight the date press the wheel and select "delete prior" and then confirm that you want to delete all the messages before that date, and if you have a ton of messages your in for a few minute wait...

akosnitzky
11-08-2007, 07:35 AM
Wirelessly posted (Verizon 8830: BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

You got it! :-)

Turkish_Leprechaun
11-09-2007, 11:01 PM
Ok deleting the old messages made things a little faster, but it's still slow when I go to open a message or send a message there's a lag, it'll sit on the screen where I clicked "open" or "send" for about 6 seconds...