PDA

View Full Version : Yet another Malformed Address issue...


donncon
11-08-2007, 02:36 PM
I recently upgraded to BB and an 8830. I am hoping to drop the PPC. Needless to say I have spent a lot of time browsing the forum. I have 2 apps that are giving me the error "Malformed Address. Returning null..etc..." This appears to be a fairly common problem, but I have not been able to identify a clear solution here on the forums. The 2 apps are AudibleAir and Microsky. I have an 8830 on an individual plan with Verizon.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Darren

JSanders
11-08-2007, 02:39 PM
Do you have the APN/TCP set?
What are the TCP and APN settings? - BlackBerryFAQ (http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/What_are_the_TCP_and_APN_settings%3F)

donncon
11-08-2007, 03:11 PM
I did attempt to solve by setting up the APN, but it is possible I did not enter them correctly (It wasn't clear to me how to enter the info for Verizon).
The TCP Screen is:
APN:
Username for APN:
Password for APN:

Below is how I entered the info for Verizon (exactly):
APN:
153.114.115.100
Port 9203
Username for APN:
Password for APN:

I did a reset by pulling the battery afterwards. When I have TCP info entered, the error changes to an "Open Tunnel - Max Timeout". My assumption (yeh, I know...) was that I did not enter it correctly...

donncon
11-12-2007, 08:01 AM
I just installed Beyond411, and am havning the same issue... If any has ANY suggestions, I would sure appreciate it....
Thanks,
D

knipknup
11-12-2007, 06:05 PM
I fought with AudibleAir for a while. I found that making any changes to these APN settings dorked it up - started getting those 'malformed' errors. After a wipe of BB and fresh install of AudibleAir OTA, it worked.

The problem that I haven't solved is:

Downloading audiobooks or subscriptions over the air always stops at 1.5MB. It gets to 1.5MB then the download rate goes to 0b/s and hangs until it gives a timeout error. I believe it is a limitation of some sort that Verizon has set but can't confirm. Actually, this was stated to me by Audible's tech support (very good and more helpful than VZ or BB, by the way).

Once the download stops at 1.5MB, AudibleAir faults and won't do any network stuff (login to audible account, download, etc.) until I re-boot. Once I reboot, it will again download. It recognizes the existing 1.5MB and continues from there. After another 1.5MB of download, the rate drops to 0 again and times out after a minute or so.

I successfully downloaded a 10MB audiobook after about 7 reboots. Totally counterproductive to the whole concept of audibleair.

Verizon sux! I think every one of those people that make up the verizon network on the commercials owe me some serious sorrys and other services...

Anyhoo, if this info lends any hints to what the real problem behind this is for the experts, please share.

Thanks.