PDA

View Full Version : BlackBerry 8700 Won't Connect To Carrier?

WymanD
11-09-2007, 04:25 PM
BlackBerry 8700 Won't Connect To Carrier?.I just don't understand why! I put my active sim in it(ATT&T), it shows searching for network when I turn the radio on, then after some searching, it says no service found. I know the sim is active and good, cause it works just fine in my Pearl, soon as I put it in the Pearl, it starts right up without even having to turn on the radio.
So anyway, I'm thinkin the 8700 is locked to another network, I go on ebay, find a good unlock service, and purchase an unlock code for it. No problem, within seconds, I now have an unlocked 8700.
I'm feeling real good about the 8700 now, cause I'm thinkin, great, no prob now. It should connect, and we're good to go. Sooo, I put the active sim back in it...sigh......same old, same old. I dunno, it's got me baffled. An unlocked Blackberry 8700, practically new, and it won't even work as a phone. Any input, any help here would be much appreciated.

Thanks ahead of time for your help
Wyman

JSanders
11-09-2007, 05:48 PM
Wyman, welcome to the Forums!

You can check to make sure it is unlocked here:
How do I determine if my BlackBerry is "unlocked"? - BlackBerryFAQ (http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_do_I_determine_if_my_BlackBerry_is_%22unlocked%22%3F)

On the face of the BB, what carrier is the BB branded to?

WymanD
11-09-2007, 06:03 PM
Wyman, welcome to the Forums!

You can check to make sure it is unlocked here:
How do I determine if my BlackBerry is "unlocked"? - BlackBerryFAQ (http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_do_I_determine_if_my_BlackBerry_is_%22unlocked%22%3F)

On the face of the BB, what carrier is the BB branded to?

It's branded to Cingular,and yes, I'm very sure it's unlocked now, thanks for responding to my post, JSanders, and double thanks for the welcome (y)

Wyman

afarsemon
11-10-2007, 05:06 AM
May I post a related problem?
My unlocked "bad" 8700 connects to the carrier, the screen shows "GSM" with about 3 bars signal strenght (same as a twin "good" 8700 placed by its side), but of the two blue arrows which usually flash when the phone is handshaking to the carrier, only the outgoing arrow flashes from time to time(while on the "good" 8700 both arrows do).
If I make a call from the "bad" 8700, it shows "calling" and then "call failed". If I call to it, there is 20 secs waiting time and then the carrier informs that the ("bad") phone is not in service in the area.

If the radio hardware is faulty, why is it showing same signal strength as the "good" one? I already reinstalled all the OS. Did not help.

Any suggestions? BTW, Where in the 8700 is the GSM radio circuitry? Is it exposed or sealed under the shields?

Thanks

Beno

isarib
03-15-2008, 11:56 AM
Wyman, how did you go?

I have the same problem..

isarib
03-17-2008, 12:51 AM
Anyone know how to replace the RF Radio Frequency chip/part?