PDA

View Full Version : Question about blackberry email plan...

srmiller82
06-17-2005, 07:05 AM
Ok i talked with nextel and they dont seem to know much. But on their site they have the Telenav and it says requires purchase of data access plan. But if you click on the blackberry telenav, they say it requires Blackberry email plan. So can I get telenav w/o subscribing to blackberry email plan which is like 35.00 by itself or with this phone do I have to have the email plan. This nextel lady also said that after a period of time my phone will automatically activate and its gonna either go with 35.00 or unlimited which is 45.00 and I dont really have a choice???? That seems odd that you dont have a choice on whether your gonna use Blackberry Email Service. And it just seems cheaper to me to buy a data access plan which is possible on these phones and then get telenav than to subscribe to Blackberry Email Service, because I have the choice of 1mb, 5mb and so on where as Blackberry starts out at 3mb or unlimited thtas all there is, this is very confusing to me.

Any help is appreciated,

Sean

Dawg
06-17-2005, 07:17 AM
You dont have a choice on the Blackberry, you have to have one of the two plans the 35 or the 45. I recommend the 45 because for ten dollars you wont run the risk of going over and paying out the ying yang for it.

Now on to Telenav you just sign up for the 9.99 deal and you are done.

srmiller82
06-17-2005, 07:32 AM
But say I dont want internet at all do I still get activated on the blackberry email???

Dawg
06-17-2005, 07:33 AM
you are stuck with it on a Blackberry no way around it can do with out the phone but not email and internet. Unless you turn them all off and use a glorified organizer

srmiller82
06-17-2005, 07:42 AM
Any idea how much overage is on the Blackberry if you go over on telenav???

Dawg
06-17-2005, 07:44 AM
if you have the unlimited you wont ever go over.

Gavinfoxx
06-17-2005, 12:59 PM
Alright. I used to work for nextel care, and now Im in training for nextel blackberry. The Enhanced data service plan for $20 will NOT work for a blackberry, even if it is enabled in our computers... they aren't set up to work rihgt! RIM wants nextel to make sure that anyone who has a nextel blackberry, no matter what, is on some sort of blackberry specific plan. There is one for about $25, that does not include email at all, one for about $35 that includes 3 mb email and web, and one for $45 that includes unlimited email and web.

srmiller82
06-18-2005, 08:24 AM
Gavin, I do believe and I have nothing against nextel they are told to tell their customers this because they want them to buy into blackberry service. But i'm using it right now for web service and gps. But you are right htey want them subscribing to blackberry service probably some kind of deal with blackberry.

Dawg
06-18-2005, 09:35 AM
Well when you get your first bill and its through the roof youll understand why you need the other.