PDA

View Full Version : Purpose of additional folders?

kgn1224
11-10-2007, 07:31 PM
What is the purpose of creating additional folders? I originally thought I could dump specific emails into a newly created folder but that was not the case.

Can somebody clue me in as to there use?

Thanks!

dtdt
11-10-2007, 09:56 PM
I created one for all of the games I've downloaded; it helped clean up the menu screen with all of the icons on it (don't know what it's technically called).

I tried to get rid of it, however, and can't figure out how to take the games back out of it! I think I have no choice now but to keep the folder as is or delete all of my games...

BallHawk3
11-10-2007, 10:26 PM
What is the purpose of creating additional folders? I originally thought I could dump specific emails into a newly created folder but that was not the case.

Can somebody clue me in as to there use?

Thanks!

I must say first, you have an aswesome avatar. Did you take that pic? What kind of camera did you use. It's of amazing quality. I'm not really into photos or anything like that, but your avatar always seems to grab my attention.

Anyway, folders? For better organization I guess. You should see my desktop on my computer, very few icons. My computer, my documents, my briefcase, recycle bin, and the rest, folders, one for games, applications, media and a download folder.

I guess you can do the same on the blackberry. I'm almost quite there. But like the user said above, free up some icons on the home screen. I don't like so much clutter.

As for taking it out of the folder. For example if you created a game folder, go in there and select move on the game icon you want to move, and move it over to the ^ (up arrow folder) icon, that should put it back on the home screen.