PDA

View Full Version : Need email help bigtime!!

NickB05
11-14-2007, 06:03 PM
OK so here's the deal. I purchased this 8300 curve phone off someone and it's all set up under me now under at&t. However, his email was still in here and I can't figure out how to delete that. When I go to set my email up I put in my login and password and then it says it's the wrong one. So I hit forgot password and fill that out and it says it sent it to my device, but I think it sent it to my sprint device and that is no longer working. So I go to create a new account and it says that I already have an account with this pin and IMEI, but it's the guys who's phone this was last not mine. How do I go about fixing this and deleting his email address. Same with mine I want to delete my email addresses on my 8703e for sprint, but it's no longer an active phone'

Update: I went to BlackBerry Internet Service (http://www.sprint.blackberry.com) and it says that my username and password don't work. When I know for a fact they did the other day when my sprint phone was working before I canceled it.

Any help would be much appreciated! Thank You!

JSanders
11-14-2007, 06:13 PM
Nick, the problems of buying a used BlackBerry.

You must have the old user RELEASE the PIN and IMEI from his old account. As long as the PIN and IMEI are registered to him, you cannot use them. His old carrier "might" do it for you. You will can ask.

You can temporarily remove the email service books of the old user at Options > Advanced > Service Books. Delete the service book entries with an @<hidden> symbol that belong to the previous owner. Those service books will likely get pushed back to your device until the PIN and IMEI are released.

Buying a BlackBerry off eBay - BlackBerryFAQ (http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Buying_a_BlackBerry_off_eBay)

Good luck.

JSanders
11-14-2007, 06:16 PM
Additionally, reading your message again:

You cannot have an AT&T account setup and access it through your Sprint BIS log-in. Go to the AT&T login, if that is where your BlackBerry is provisioned.
Where can I log into my BIS account? - BlackBerryFAQ (http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Where_can_I_log_into_my_BIS_account%3F)

NickB05
11-14-2007, 06:23 PM
Well I am in contact with him right now. I was trying to get him to tell me his username and password so I could just login and do it. But I will email him and tell him that needs to have them release the IMEI and PIN. Does it require any work or anything to have them do that or do you just contact them?

JSanders
11-14-2007, 06:27 PM
He can just simply contact his previous carrier and tell them "I no longer have this device and I want to release the PIN and IMEI number from my account. I have sold the device, and new owner can't register the device on this carrier until you remove it from my account. Please."

I don't think I would be giving out my username and pw either.

NickB05
11-14-2007, 06:29 PM
Yeah well I mean the phone works fine. Like I can make phone calls and all that stuff and text, internet all of that good stuff. The only thing I can't do is setup my email. I tried logging in with my blackberry thing I setup when I had sprint, but now it says it's invalid. Weird I didn't think they'd cancel it.

JSanders
11-14-2007, 06:32 PM
a GSM-network 8300 BlackBerry will not work on a CDMA-network such as Sprint. There is no relation between the two, and signing in to your old account there does nothing for your current need on AT&T or wherever your previous owner had the 8300 registered.

NickB05
11-14-2007, 06:47 PM
Oh alright I understand. Thank You.