PDA

View Full Version : Sync BES blackberry Calendar with non BES Blackberry

nose719
11-19-2007, 12:18 AM
I have a 8830 BES blackberry that I use with Lotus notes for work. I am going to purchase a additional BB for personal use. I use my Lotus Notes Calendar for both work and personal appointments. How can I keep both BB calendars in sync?

Thanks

salsa
11-19-2007, 08:01 PM
Well it's time to start using Desktop Manager. There is no way to wirelessly sync your new BB to your Lotus Notes - the BES can only sync that with one BB at a time. Therefore you need to install Desktop Manager and configure it to do a wired sync with Lotus Notes and use that to sync up your new BB. You would have to do this every time you leave work/start work so that it's up to date as any changes made to the info on the new BB will not sync wirelessly to Lotus Notes.

It may not be the info you want to hear but the truth is that the BES can only wirelessly sync one BB with your Lotus Notes.

nose719
11-19-2007, 10:20 PM
I think that is the answer I was hoping for. I did not expect BES to be able to update the non BES BB over the air. But if I can just attach the non BES BB to the desktop manager and do it that way, it would be acceptable. I guess it does not matter that the desktop manager was installed for the BES BB.

Thanks for the help.

Dubdub
11-20-2007, 12:03 AM
I think that is the answer I was hoping for. I did not expect BES to be able to update the non BES BB over the air. But if I can just attach the non BES BB to the desktop manager and do it that way, it would be acceptable. I guess it does not matter that the desktop manager was installed for the BES BB.

Thanks for the help.

Attaching your BES BB to the Desktop Manager might be a problem, depending on your corporate IT policies. Many companies lock them down for security and other reasons. Might be worth talking to your BES Admin or IT Staff before you try anything.

Keep in mind that once attached to the BES the company can see anything and everything you do with the BB, even if it is your personal device that is connected.

nose719
11-20-2007, 12:16 AM
Do you have a suggestion on how you think I can get the two to sync. Not so concerned about if they see what is on my personal BB. Nothing to hide. I was concerned that the settings of the desktop mgr will look for the 8830 even if I have something other than a 8830 attached. If that is the only concern then that might be the way to go.

thanks for the reply

takeshi
11-20-2007, 04:07 PM
DM might ask you if you want to switch mail delivery to your personal BB (just say no). That's it. DM isn't model or carrier specific.

nose719
11-20-2007, 09:53 PM
I will give that a try. Thanks for the feedback.

stashmUser
11-21-2007, 11:20 AM
We are offering a new free service (in beta now) to sync your BB contacts online. It may help you work around the issue. You can try it at StashM: Your Phone Online and In Sync (http://www.stashm.com).

jbc247
11-21-2007, 11:26 AM
This StashM sounds like what I've been looking for, can I sync a BIS BlackBerry 8310 OTA?

Sgt_Strider
11-22-2007, 12:57 AM
Can you sync over bluetooth?

nose719
12-01-2007, 12:09 AM
I tried attaching my BIS blackberry to the DM that controls my BES blackberry. BES is a 8830 and BIS is a 8130. It required me to have like devices to move the calendar.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks