PDA

View Full Version : How do I get rid of...

JYCNYC
11-21-2007, 01:44 PM
the signature.. sent by AT&T Blackberry at the end of each e-mail?

Dubdub
11-21-2007, 01:45 PM
Log into your BIS account and edit each email account there to delete the signature.

Thatzmister2u
11-21-2007, 01:45 PM
Login to your BIS site and edit the account. The signature can be whatever you like including nothing.

E-

bundy
11-21-2007, 02:16 PM
For BES, you can edit it on your device, or from the desktop manager

JYCNYC
11-21-2007, 02:43 PM
Thanks. Another how do I get rid of question.

How do I get rid of the icons - I have my hotmail and gmail set up - I want to hide the icons for them. In mine, they show up as faded, but not completely hidden.

audit
11-21-2007, 02:46 PM
Menu/Hide

JYCNYC
11-21-2007, 02:48 PM
Menu/Hide

Icon does not disapear completely. It is only faded

audit
11-21-2007, 02:49 PM
Menu/Show all

Make sure it's not checked.

JYCNYC
11-21-2007, 02:51 PM
gratias

JYCNYC
11-22-2007, 09:29 AM
OK, I am clueless as to how to get rid of the ATT signature. Elaborate please?

Dubdub
11-22-2007, 11:44 AM
OK, I am clueless as to how to get rid of the ATT signature. Elaborate please?

Click Edit each email account you wish to change. When it opens, look for the signature block. You can delete what is there or put in whatever you wish. The click Save and go to the next account, or log out.

Thatzmister2u
11-22-2007, 11:48 AM
The answer has been provided earlier in the thread....I am guessing the OP set up BIS via the phone email set-up icon.

I am not sure if you can actually edit the signature from the BB. If not here
are the links to login to your BIS account via regular PC. Once you logged in click EDIT next to the account you wish to change and you will see the signature and can change or delete it. Here are the links for BIS accounts:

Where can I log into my BIS account? - BlackBerryFAQ (http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Where_can_I_log_into_my_BIS_account%3F)

guerro
01-21-2008, 11:18 PM
those links are not working. I get a page that says " page cannot be accesed via this method" or something to that extent.

Sith_Apprentice
01-21-2008, 11:22 PM
www.cingular.com/blackberrystart

C17Driver
01-21-2008, 11:25 PM
those links are not working. I get a page that says " page cannot be accesed via this method" or something to that extent.

Here is the link I use:

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=mycingular

61north
02-29-2008, 03:33 PM
Sorry, but none of the links on this page work. I did setup my email from the phone originally, and when I try use my computer to access the BIS links below, I get the following error message:

"Your account is not accessible via HTML browser. Please use your device to access Blackberry Internet Service."

Any ideas what to do?

I tried using the BB browser to access that same web page, but that didn't work either.

???

ezrunner
02-29-2008, 03:40 PM
you need to go into the BIS acct via your BB browser and create an acct login so that you can access it from a computer.

Or call Customer Care and they can create it for you

Thatzmister2u
02-29-2008, 03:42 PM
Sorry, but none of the links on this page work. I did setup my email from the phone originally, and when I try use my computer to access the BIS links below, I get the following error message:

"Your account is not accessible via HTML browser. Please use your device to access Blackberry Internet Service."

Any ideas what to do?

I tried using the BB browser to access that same web page, but that didn't work either.

???

You have to choose to create a BIS account from the phone. The "xxxx@<hidden>" address. Once you do you will be able to set a password and access the BIS site!

E-

61north
02-29-2008, 03:44 PM
OK. So I tried going back to the email setup icon on the BB and that showed me the setup info for my account and the automatic signature. However, I cannot change the signature from there. I can see it, but I cannot change it on the BB.

This is silly. Just because I setup my email via the phone, I can never change the signature?

Sheesh.

Any other ideas?

Thatzmister2u
02-29-2008, 03:50 PM
OK. So I tried going back to the email setup icon on the BB and that showed me the setup info for my account and the automatic signature. However, I cannot change the signature from there. I can see it, but I cannot change it on the BB.

This is silly. Just because I setup my email via the phone, I can never change the signature?

Sheesh.

Any other ideas?

Go back into the email setup icon and look for create a username or email address. Once you have it will allow you to then goto the browser and edit the signature. Wait I think there is a link...hold on.

Here!

I can't login to my BIS site on my PC; I'm unable to log in via HTML Browser - BlackBerryFAQ.com (http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/I_can%27t_login_to_my_BIS_site_on_my_PC%3B_I%27m_unable_to_log_in_via_HTML_Browser)

E-

61north
02-29-2008, 04:06 PM
If the email account was originally setup on the Blackberry, the only way to access the email account settings is via the "Personal Email Set Up" icon on the Blackberry.

However, the "Sent from Blackberry" signature cannot be changed from the Blackberry (you can see it listed, but cannot change it).

To change the signature, you need to choose "Create Username" or something similar from the Blackberry while logged in to the "Personal Email Set Up." This will create a username and password for the various BIS website login pages that will allow access to change the signature.

Even after setting up the new username, it still is NOT possible to change the signature from the phone, only from the websites.

Hope this helps someone avoid wasting an hour on this like I did.

Maybe this should be part of an FAQ somewhere or made sticky in this forum. Prior to figuring this out, I saw lots of FAQs that said login to a BIS website to change the signature, but none of them explained the need to create a username from the phone first.

61north
02-29-2008, 04:10 PM
Wow. Thanks for the help guys. While I was busy fiddling with my phone and typing up my solution, you guys posted two links that said what I eventually figured out on my own.

Guess I should have waited a few minutes after my original post. Nah. I like to figure things out for myself.

That is a little screwy that the signature can only be changed from the website. Everything else can be changed from the phone.