PDA

View Full Version : Desktop Manager Crashing on Sync Configuration

salami1880
11-21-2007, 02:11 PM
My wife has a new 8310 and is having difficulty syncing with Outlook 2007. She has Vista Home Premium and, while it took forever, the Desktop Software loaded just fine.

The problem occurs when we try to configure the synchronization so that the BB knows what application to sync with. When we click “Address Book” (or calendar, tasks, etc.) a window opens showing the list of potential applications available for sync. We choose Microsoft Outlook and click OK. After a few seconds a window pops up stating, “Blackberry Desktop Manager has stopped working”. Upon clicking the OK button (our only choice), the Desktop Manager closes completely.

I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled once already and the same problem happened. The CD that came with the BB is loading 4.2.2.14. I’ve downloaded and saved V4.2 SP2, but have not installed it. Do we need V4.3? I’ve searched the Forum, but have come up empty. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

JSanders
11-21-2007, 03:13 PM
Welcome to the Forums!

For the time-being, load your Version 4.2, SP2. Uninstall the old version first.

Ver 4.3 is slightly buggy and some people have had issues syncing with it already. Make sure you reboot both the PC and the BB.

If you get actual sync errors in the sync log, look here:
Errors syncing the BB with Desktop Manager - BlackBerryFAQ (http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Errors_syncing_the_BB_with_Desktop_Manager)