PDA

View Full Version : New User, Need Help with Outlook

NewDad
11-22-2007, 10:03 PM
Hi all,
I am new to Blackberries and have a question on how to sync with MS Outlook. I currently have my email pushed from an AOL account but I am interested in using Outlook so I can sycn my calendar and contacts. So, assuming I purchase Outlook, how can I make this work? I really want this to be done wireless, and I do not use the BES.

Thanks for the help!
Tom

paulbblc
11-22-2007, 10:05 PM
You would install the Desktop Manager that came with the BlackBerry and configure Desktop Manager to synch your BlackBerry with Outlook via a USB connection or Bluetooth if you have a newer BlackBerry.

NJBlackBerry
11-22-2007, 10:06 PM
No wireless sync of contacts, notes, tasks and calendar from Outlook without BES. Sorry.

spikus
11-22-2007, 10:17 PM
No wireless sync of contacts, notes, tasks and calendar from Outlook without BES. Sorry.

are there any web services that would allow this? i have bis (no need for bes if i am not with a company) but need the above for my personal business, would like to have wireless sync of contacts, notes, tasks, calendar, etc...(free or not...i dont mind paying for a service)

thanks for any assistance

paulbblc
11-22-2007, 10:21 PM
are there any web services that would allow this? i have bis (no need for bes if i am not with a company) but need the above for my personal business, would like to have wireless sync of contacts, notes, tasks, calendar, etc...(free or not...i dont mind paying for a service)

thanks for any assistance

Nope, however if you're willing to pay money why not visit one of our sponsors?

Premium hosted Exchange 2007 services; learn more (http://www.exchangemymail.com/blackberryfeatures.html?gad=CM7o4-0BEgjJBCTAPILdfBjO2If-AyD-09AU)

NJBlackBerry
11-22-2007, 10:21 PM
There are several hosted BES service providers - check the Sponsors area and there are lots of posts about them.

spikus
11-22-2007, 10:23 PM
thank you for help

Dubdub
11-22-2007, 11:00 PM
I don't think you can get AOL mail to Outlook, if that is also something you are thinking of doing.

Dubdub
11-22-2007, 11:00 PM
Deleted

MadDog_
12-05-2007, 02:01 AM
No wireless sync of contacts, notes, tasks and calendar from Outlook without BES. Sorry.I've been working around my computer a lot, and will be over the next couple of months and have to keep connecting the USB cable to update my Outlook contacts.

Does this mean that I'm chained to this stupid cable forever? No Bluetooth or other alternative like that on the horizon? :?

NJBlackBerry
12-05-2007, 06:58 AM
You can do Bluetooth sync of contacts, notes, tasks and calendars. Check out the Bluetooth Connection forum here for more details.