PDA

View Full Version : BB 8830 - Ringer Delay

deecee98
11-25-2007, 12:30 AM
Have had the BB 8830 for approx 1 week (on Sprint network) have noticed that the calls received are approx 1-2+ rings behind that of the caller calling my device (example person A calls my device & on their end hears 1-2+ rings before my device even starts to ring). This happens regardless if this is caller id blocked call or not & ringtones are combination (depending on caller) of those that came with the phone or downloaded.

Also Bluetooth headset also seems to recoginze that i am receiving (ie i get a clicking my bluetooth headset prior to the audible BB device ringing)

Any advice/suggestions?

thanks!

dtdt
11-25-2007, 04:19 AM
That's pretty much standard delay for most cell phones. I've never experienced quicker times between two cell phones. I just tested 3 different phones calling my BB, and all three had about 2 rings on them before my device started ringing.

akosnitzky
11-25-2007, 06:48 AM
With a regular cell phone I was able to receive assistance with this through my carrier. Double check with them on this. Although, I suspect you will get a similiar response to what dtdt provided.

tom10167
11-25-2007, 08:31 AM
I don't know much but I know on my 8820 the phone doesn't vibe AND ring it vibrates THEN rings so maybe that delay is the time between the vibe and when the ring "comes on"

Try setting it to vibe + ring and seeing if it rings instantly.

AnthroMatt
11-25-2007, 10:29 AM
That's pretty much standard delay for most cell phones. I've never experienced quicker times between two cell phones. I just tested 3 different phones calling my BB, and all three had about 2 rings on them before my device started ringing.
Correct. The person calling you hears the rings so that they don't think that there is a problem with the call they have just placed. The delay occurs while the network is "locating" your phone. When I call my home from my cell, I also hear rings on my cell before I hear my home phone ring. Again, the delay stems from the wireless network "delay" in routing your call. It is fairly standard.

rpvitale
11-25-2007, 09:20 PM
I've seen more of this delay on CDMA carriers. Not as bad or long on GSM.