PDA

View Full Version : Verizon Wireless Blackberry & Push AOL email.

ppc
11-25-2007, 10:52 AM
Hi,

We pay for the verizon wireless blackberry package and were given the @<hidden> email address so I guess we're on the internet plan. We're supposds to get pushed email and we have AOL. We set it up on the blackberry site and apparently the blackberry site knew all the AOL imap info itself(we didint have to put it in). In any case we are having a few problems with this AOL to blackberry setup:

1. Emails sometimes take up to 10 minutes to arrive in our blakcberry.
2. Emails we send or reply on the blackberry do not reflect when you go back to AOL.
3. Emails we read don't appear read in AOL.

Is this all normal? If its using IMAP than it shouldn't no?

penguin3107
11-25-2007, 11:02 AM
All sound normal to me.
I don't see any problems with what you're experiencing.

ppc
11-25-2007, 11:03 AM
All sound normal to me.
I don't see any problems with what you're experiencing.

Um why? Isn't the whole point of blackberry and IMAP so stuff gets "synced"? That doesn't make any sense then.

penguin3107
11-25-2007, 11:05 AM
Um why? Isn't the whole point of blackberry and IMAP so stuff gets "synced"? That doesn't make any sense then.

No, that's not the point.
BlackBerry and BIS do not handle IMAP the way you think it does.
IMAP is merely one of the protocols that BIS can use to allow message delivery to your BlackBerry. It does not always support two-way message reconciliation. At this time, I believe only select email providers are offering two-way message sync via BIS. Yahoo and GMail do this.
I don't think AOL supports it.

ppc
11-25-2007, 11:16 AM
No, that's not the point.
BlackBerry and BIS do not handle IMAP the way you think it does.
IMAP is merely one of the protocols that BIS can use to allow message delivery to your BlackBerry. It does not always support two-way message reconciliation. At this time, I believe only select email providers are offering two-way message sync via BIS. Yahoo and GMail do this.

Thanks for the info. Would you mind giving me a URL for yahoo or gmail describing this "support"?

Thanks again. Its appreciated.

penguin3107
11-25-2007, 11:23 AM
Thanks for the info. Would you mind giving me a URL for yahoo or gmail describing this "support"?

Thanks again. Its appreciated.

I don't believe that there is any one URL which would explain this, but you can start reading through the knowledgebase at blackberry.com if you want more info.
Here's one article I found:
BlackBerry Search Results (http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB11250&sliceId=SAL_Public&dialogID=69408712&stateId=0%200%2036580483)

grep
01-16-2008, 10:00 PM
It does not always support two-way message reconciliation. At this time, I believe only select email providers are offering two-way message sync via BIS. Yahoo and GMail do this.

How would one find out which email providers offer two-way sync with blackberry? Do they have to specifically do something to support it or does it vary on just imap versions?

Sith_Apprentice
01-16-2008, 10:01 PM
the only full two way sync is Yahoo mail. google has in some cases two way support with members here posting that their messages will delete from handheld when deleted on a PC but there are others *such as myself* who do not get this

Dubdub
01-16-2008, 10:15 PM
Also keep in mind that AOL is sort of a "strange duck" when it comes to sending/forwarding/pushing email to a PDA. Their version of mail doesn't behave quite like some of the others such as Yahoo or gmail. They have only recently started moving to the 20th (not yet the 21st) century.

ppc
01-17-2008, 11:26 PM
Why would I want to pay for a Blackberry Enterprise Server account in addition to an exchange account?

With this (http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB03133) solution, what would BES give me that just exchange with that that solution wouldn't?

Thanks

Dubdub
01-18-2008, 08:34 AM
Why would I want to pay for a Blackberry Enterprise Server account in addition to an exchange account?

With this (http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB03133) solution, what would BES give me that just exchange with that that solution wouldn't?

Thanks

Please read the FAQ. That should help answer your questions.

ppc
01-18-2008, 10:39 AM
Please read the FAQ. That should help answer your questions.

I read the FAQ didn't really see an answer :oops:

drlfo@aol.com
09-05-2008, 09:33 PM
I need help with a very annoying problem. I use my AOL e-mail at home on my desktop and on my blackberry. The problem is when I delete a message at home on my desktop, it does not delete it off of my blackberry. It drives me crazy. Is there anyway to set up my AOL mail or blackberry to be in sync?

jjd228
09-17-2008, 01:22 PM
I need help with a very annoying problem. I use my AOL e-mail at home on my desktop and on my blackberry. The problem is when I delete a message at home on my desktop, it does not delete it off of my blackberry. It drives me crazy. Is there anyway to set up my AOL mail or blackberry to be in sync?

as im sure you just read, NO, there is not. aol does not provide 2way synchronization

khaiser
10-07-2008, 05:17 PM
How come it takes up to 2 hrs for me to receive e mail from AOL on my blackberry?
Is this normal? On my yahoo account, it comes in within minutes.

Thanks,
Khaiser