PDA

View Full Version : BB Extended Batteries - Back in Stock

rcg
06-21-2005, 12:19 PM
For those who inquired directly the Extended Battery Kits are back after an extended back order from RIM.

http://store.bizshopr.com/bbbattery.html (y) (y) (y)

Dawg
06-21-2005, 12:26 PM
Anyone used a high capacity battery for the 7520 if so how much difference did it make? How much bigger did it make the unit did you like it was it worth the money? I am seriously considering purchasing one. I get decent life out of my standard but if I am in the field longer than expected it can get iffy.

rcg
06-21-2005, 01:02 PM
We actually use them on our 7510's and it really makes a big difference in the performance... the standard battery is 860 mAH and the extended is 1525mAh.

The size difference is negligible in daily use.

TheWastedYears
06-21-2005, 02:17 PM
How does all that extra mAh translate into talk/standby time? (roughly)

hackorsack
06-21-2005, 02:58 PM
Are these RIM batteries? Or Third Party?

jwaters
06-21-2005, 03:08 PM
Dawg, I got them for my 7520 and it does make a big difference. I actually got 2 for those times I may be on a scene and not able to charge for a while. I used to get around 14 hours out of my old battery, with the extended battery I've gotten over 30 hours before it got down to about 6%. I have noticed that PocketDay seems to eat up the battery a little quicker, I shut that down if I am having a busy day.

sempai
06-21-2005, 03:31 PM
Anyone used a high capacity battery for the 7520 if so how much difference did it make? How much bigger did it make the unit did you like it was it worth the money? I am seriously considering purchasing one. I get decent life out of my standard but if I am in the field longer than expected it can get iffy.

Any Nextel Bberry benefits a great deal from a high-capacity battery.

I've never been able to go more than 24 hours without a recharge on any iDEN BlackBerry, the extended packs let me go about a day and a half or two days of light usage.

On the other hand, my GSM BlackBerry goes a week. Go figure.

This is one of the many reasons that I avoid Nextel devices. I would highly recommend you invest in the higher capacity battery for your 'Berry - it never hurts to be able to go further.

Dawg
06-21-2005, 05:10 PM
Thanks for the response guys I cant get more than a day anymore since I started using webmessenger and BBtoday. So I may surely invest in the extended Battery.

rcg
06-21-2005, 06:15 PM
Are these RIM batteries? Or Third Party?

Always OEM - never aftermarket at SmartPhoneDepot

rcg
06-21-2005, 06:17 PM
Act quick on these.... there is a tremendous backlog of orders we are filling and still taking new orders... so this current batch will run out by the weekend (only 70 left).

hackorsack
06-21-2005, 08:24 PM
Any idea if the BB will still fit in a horizontal active case from Blackberry with the extended battery on or will it just fit in the normal clip that comes with it?

rcg
06-22-2005, 10:43 AM
Any idea if the BB will still fit in a horizontal active case from Blackberry with the extended battery on or will it just fit in the normal clip that comes with it?

It will fit... the active cases have a lot of stretch with the elastic sides.

rcg
06-22-2005, 05:06 PM
Update: Less than 15 EXt batteries left in stock...