PDA

View Full Version : "X" in top right corner- No Signal.

gkallen
11-26-2007, 12:18 PM
A lot of our BB 7290s eventually start having issues finding the network and will show up with an X in the network signal strength area. I assume these have some sort of hardware damage internally that render them useless?

I guess I am just trying to confirm this more than anything because nothing I have ever been able to do solves this issue. This happens on some after being in service for a while. I try wiping them clean and reloading the software, resetting by battery removal etc. The SIM is a good one and works well in other phones.

Any words of advice or do I just keep letting these pile up in the BB graveyard?

akosnitzky
11-26-2007, 07:43 PM
Wirelessly posted (Verizon 8830: BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Go to Options - Status

How much free memory are you showing BEFORE you pull the battery?

gkallen
11-30-2007, 08:54 AM
Wirelessly posted (Verizon 8830: BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Go to Options - Status

How much free memory are you showing BEFORE you pull the battery?

16 mb free.

hermang
11-30-2007, 01:51 PM
A lot of our BB 7290s eventually start having issues finding the network and will show up with an X in the network signal strength area. I assume these have some sort of hardware damage internally that render them useless?

I guess I am just trying to confirm this more than anything because nothing I have ever been able to do solves this issue. This happens on some after being in service for a while. I try wiping them clean and reloading the software, resetting by battery removal etc. The SIM is a good one and works well in other phones.

Any words of advice or do I just keep letting these pile up in the BB graveyard?

If you want to donate some spare parts for a 7290 - I'll be glad to pay for shipping

mike_187
11-30-2007, 03:06 PM
and also in status what is the reading for signal strength in dBm if you got 255 or no singal is deff a hardware issue, if it does show something around a 100, could be some os issue. did you try different version of the OS, running 4.0 or 4.1