PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry Restore Problem

RockXP
11-26-2007, 05:57 PM
I have a bit of a problem well a coworker does but I am trying to help him. We had to get an end-users personal blackberry on our network and inorder for us to do this we have to wipe the blackberry. My coworker did a full backup of the blackberry but the end-users address book are missing. When I went to the desktop manager and click on backup/restore - Advanced - File - Open...I located the saved ipd file and it came up on the left side of the window. When I click on address book it has some enteries or a file size listed (do not recall the size) but I am unable to move the address book from the left hand side to the right hand side of the device. The arrows that allow me to do this are grayed out. Any ideas how I can do the restore?

JSanders
11-26-2007, 06:08 PM
I "think", if you have put it on the BES network, you must go to the Message Folder > Options > Email reconciliation and turn off wireless reconcile to do what you are trying to do manually.

RockXP
11-26-2007, 06:38 PM
I "think", if you have put it on the BES network, you must go to the Message Folder > Options > Email reconciliation and turn off wireless reconcile to do what you are trying to do manually.

The address book enter hit our network. We had to wipe it, then do the restore but in the restore the address book is not being transferred over.

JSanders
11-26-2007, 06:40 PM
I understand that, hence my recommendation above. That might not be the exact answer, but I would try that first.

RockXP
11-27-2007, 01:48 PM
I understand that, hence my recommendation above. That might not be the exact answer, but I would try that first.

I think I solve the problem. My tried it on my machine and I was able to transfer the files onto the BB. My coworker has a different version of desktop manager.