PDA

View Full Version : A few things missing in BB menus...

dyzs
06-21-2005, 02:58 PM
After going through the menus I can't seem to find a few things and was wondering if they are available or how to enable them.

1) Caller groups/specific rings for groups of callers?

2) Is there a way to menu wrap around instead of going back to top? this can be annoying on long menus.

3) Call timers per call? will the BB show me the last 3 or 5 time/date I called someone and the duration?

Why does T-Mobile require the extra $10 option for BES? What is different in provisioning with their regular plan from others (which allow BES) for example that would make BES not work without this option added?

Other than speakerphone, input method (if preferred), formfactor is there any reason to go with 7100? What is the browser difference between the 7100 and 7290 other than longer vs wider display?

dyzs
06-21-2005, 11:42 PM
ok, I figured out number three, I didn't have call logging setup correctly. Anyone have answers to the other questions?

southwestcomm
06-21-2005, 11:48 PM
1. No, not that I am aware of.
2. Hold down the ALT key when using your scroll wheel and it will scroll verticle instead of horizontal.

dyzs
06-21-2005, 11:52 PM
1. No, not that I am aware of.
2. Hold down the ALT key when using your scroll wheel and it will scroll verticle instead of horizontal.

For 2 I mean where one goes into an application such as messages and clicks in the trackwheel, is there a way to get back to the top from the bottom of the options without scrolling all the way back up? My nokia phone does it and my old motorola had an option to turn this feature on or off.

dyzs
06-22-2005, 11:35 AM
bump...

paging Mark...

dangerousbehavior
06-23-2005, 02:36 AM
For 2 I mean where one goes into an application such as messages and clicks in the trackwheel, is there a way to get back to the top from the bottom of the options without scrolling all the way back up? My nokia phone does it and my old motorola had an option to turn this feature on or off.

No, I do not think there is (at least on the 7250 and 7520).
Alternatively, while not exactly what you are looking for and you may already know about it, this might help... you can press the first letter of the item you want and your "cursor" will jump to that item.

For example:
If you want to File a message and File is the fourth item down on your menu.
Press the "F" button and your cursor jumps to File. (this assumes that File is the first menu item that starts with "F").
If you want to select Find and Find is the second "F" word :-o on the menu, select the letter "F" twice.

It also works going from top to bottom and from the bottom to top of the menu.

takeshi
06-23-2005, 07:58 AM
1) Caller groups/specific rings for groups of callers?
There is no option for this. I would definitely like to have distinctive rings on my 7290 along with voice dialing and ringtone support along the lines of the 7100 series. However, those aren't really dealbreaking features, IMO.

2) Is there a way to menu wrap around instead of going back to top? this can be annoying on long menus.
No, but in time you'll learn when it's noth worthwhile to scroll to the bottom of the menu. ;)

Why does T-Mobile require the extra $10 option for BES? What is different in provisioning with their regular plan from others (which allow BES) for example that would make BES not work without this option added?
I imagine they charge this because they can (see if you can get a better deal from another US carrier on data). You definitely won't be able to access a BES server unless you sign up for Blackberry service with BES access from T-Mobile. I think at one time there might have been a hole but they have definitely tightened things down.

Other than speakerphone, input method (if preferred), formfactor is there any reason to go with 7100? What is the browser difference between the 7100 and 7290 other than longer vs wider display?
It's all personal preference. Please use the search feature as this has been covered to death. I will say that the 7100's screen is sharper although it's unreadable in sunlight and has only one backlight brightness level. You've answered the browser difference question yourself.