PDA

View Full Version : "delivered re" emails when sending from Blackberry

eliot1785
11-28-2007, 11:22 PM
I apologize if this question has already been asked, but it's a hard one to search for an answer for since the 2 key words are "delievered" and "re".

Whenever I send an email from my Blackberry I get a message back saying "Delivered re: yyyyy" where yyyyy is my subject. And then a body:

Your message was delivered to the recipient.
----

Sent wirelessly from my Blackberry handheld.

What is the purpose of this? Does this confirm that it actually made it all the way to the recipient? If not, what does it mean? And is it possible to eliminate the message?

Thanks,
Stephen

jeremyckitching
11-28-2007, 11:33 PM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry 8700g: BlackBerry8320/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Looks like a delivery confirmation e-mail. In the Messages application go to Options > E-mail Settings. For each account you have set the Confirm Delivery setting to No.

JSanders
11-28-2007, 11:39 PM
Does this confirm that it actually made it all the way to the recipient? If not, what does it mean? And is it possible to eliminate the message?

It does mean exactly that.

To disable them: Message Folder > Options > Email Settings > Confirn Delivery = NO, and Confirm Read = No.

Highlight the email address under "Message Services" and press the ALT key to swtich between email addresses and set each, if you have more than one set on your BB.

Good luck.

**EDIT, I guess I am just slow tonight, Jeremy said the same thing much more succintly.**

tsac
11-29-2007, 10:33 AM
on my BB with 4.2/155 8700c on ATT. that option does not exist and I dont get any read or delivered confirmations.
Would be nice if it was available.