PDA

View Full Version : Options for Exchange accounts

lpos
11-30-2007, 11:21 AM
I have a client that has a Blackberry and wants to check his work email from it. His work account uses Outlook, which points to an Exchange server. He doesn't want to use Mail Connector, Redirector, or BES... are there any other options?

Thanks!

ArgonNJ
11-30-2007, 02:16 PM
I have a client that has a Blackberry and wants to check his work email from it. His work account uses Outlook, which points to an Exchange server. He doesn't want to use Mail Connector, Redirector, or BES... are there any other options?

Thanks!

Simplest way is to have his admin forward email to his blackberry address. That's how I have mine at work.

zimstyles
11-30-2007, 03:29 PM
He could also configure his blackberry to use OWA if thats available. I find OWA is useful because I can reply from me@<hidden> and also it deletes messages if i delete from the bberry they are gone in outlook which for me is key.

ArgonNJ
11-30-2007, 04:13 PM
He could also configure his blackberry to use OWA if thats available. I find OWA is useful because I can reply from me@<hidden> and also it deletes messages if i delete from the bberry they are gone in outlook which for me is key.

I heard there was some problem with Exchange 07, if thats what he is using, and BIS. Since I only use my blackberry account for work email, I changed the reply address to my work email. This way, when I send email on my blackberry the address shows my work address, not the blackberry.net.

chrisb3
11-30-2007, 09:14 PM
Exchange07 support is working, I have it running on my 8800 and one of the partners at my law firm's 8310. It can be a bit slow from time to time (then again, that's true for BIS in general), but it works.

lpos
12-03-2007, 10:49 AM
Thanks!

PhillyGuy
12-03-2007, 12:00 PM
I can vouch that Exchange 2007 is working with BIS.