PDA

View Full Version : 7250 and Alltel EV-DO issues

bradlwlk
11-30-2007, 04:54 PM
Hi, I have been given the run around on wether my 7250 has EV-DO or not by alltel. RIM says the latest OS that I installed enables EV-DO support for alltel but alltel says otherwise. I have had many alltel reps say it will do EV-DO on the network and some say no, its support thats coming. I have great EV-DO access in my area because my sister has an aircard with alltel EV-DO and its very fast, we have seen it hit 1Mbs surprisingly. is there anything I need to do to make EV-DO work or should I take it to an alltel store instead of talking to an email/phone blackberry technician? the thing is, Verizon had a firmware release that added the function. Is this included in a service book or what? I do have the latest blackberry OS for my handheld.

daniel.semmler
11-30-2007, 07:41 PM
The provisioning of the update for the EVDO does not occur with the latest version of software from BlackBerry. This will only occur through the carrier. Some 1X/CDMA carriers provide OTAP (Over The Air Programming).

Cellular Programming/PRL Version: *22803 >Press 1: for english> Press 1 to program ESN or Press 2: to update Roaming List software

Please note: You will need to confirm with your carrier the OTAP code, if this is not available you need to take your hardware to a service dealer to have the hardware flashed with the latest PRL Version that will update your device to include the 1X/EVDO software.

bradlwlk
11-30-2007, 07:55 PM
Thank you.BTW, Alltel loads a bunch of Yahoo crap (by service books) when you first activate. I hate yahoo! I wish it was google type stuff.

daniel.semmler
11-30-2007, 08:09 PM
You can correct this by disabling this feature "Yahoo" or "Facebook" through your "Application Loader".