PDA

View Full Version : Problem Activating SpeakerPhone

MacDaddy
06-22-2005, 12:44 PM
In order for me to activate my speakerphone I have to Activate Speakerphone, Activate Handset, and then Activate Speakerphone again. It never works the first time I try and activate the speakerphone.

Any advice or suggestions?

roccitman
06-22-2005, 01:18 PM
Have you tried pressing the OP button while in a call?

MacDaddy
06-22-2005, 01:20 PM
Have you tried pressing the OP button while in a call?
Yes, and it is the same problem. I push the button and it shows the speaker phone icon, but the speaker is not enabled. I have to push it two more times for speaker to enable.

roccitman
06-22-2005, 01:52 PM
hmmm, do a seach on this. I seem to remember a few posts on this a while back. Can't remember if this was pre or post "database crash." Maybe one of the mods can remember.
-roccit

Grammer
06-22-2005, 02:48 PM
i have the same problem if i try to turn on the speakerphone "too early?" i guess would be the way to describe it. If i try to turn on the speaker before the person im calling has picked up, it doesnt usually turn on the first time. If i try to turn it on during the call itself, it works fine.

MacDaddy
06-22-2005, 03:43 PM
hmmm, do a seach on this. I seem to remember a few posts on this a while back. Can't remember if this was pre or post "database crash." Maybe one of the mods can remember.
-roccit

I did a search and saw someone posted this...
Update to the latest handheld codes to resolve the speakerphone issue.

I have no idea what that means though :oops:

NJBlackBerry
06-22-2005, 04:43 PM
You need to upgrade the handheld OS to the latest version. Here's the short form:

1) Download the latest operating system for your BB from your carrier. In the BlackBerry OS4 FAQ in the General Discussion forum there are links for every carrier. Execute the file you downloaded from your carrier.

2) Backup your BB (I always do an extra backup) using Desktop Manager.

3) Locate and delete a file called "VENDOR.XML" from your C: drive

4) Restart Desktop Manager and connect your BlackBerry. The upgrade should start.

This should resolve the speakerphone issue.

Good luck!

MacDaddy
06-23-2005, 08:15 AM
Thanks so much for the help NJB!!!!

I'm downloading now, hopefully it will work (y)