PDA

View Full Version : BB Browser issue

darkdragoon
12-01-2007, 08:14 PM
I used to be able to browse wap site(wap.xxx.com), but for some reason BB browser changes the address to (www.xxx.com) and load a full page instead of wap version page. I've already rebooted BB, delete all history and cache with no success. Any ideas why?

akosnitzky
12-01-2007, 08:38 PM
The browser determines which is most opitmal for your device.

Try opening the browser, go to options - browser configuration and adjust the emulation mode.

darkdragoon
12-01-2007, 09:15 PM
akosnitzy, emulation mode is set to Blackberry. There is no other option.

akosnitzky
12-01-2007, 09:21 PM
When you click the field, you do not have the other options such as open gateway?
or openwave wap?

darkdragoon
12-01-2007, 09:36 PM
Thanks for you promot reply akosnitzy. When I click on emulation mode as it is set to Blackberry, it only allows me to either Save Option or Close.

Here is the setting on Browser Config.
Content Mode: WML&HTML.
Show Image: On WML&HTML pages
Show Image Placeholders: No
Emulation Mode: Blackberry

Support HTML Tables: check
Use Foreground And Background Colours: check
User Background Images: check
Support Embedded Media: uncheck
Support Javascript: uncheck
Support Style Sheets: check
Style Sheets media type: Handheld.

darkdragoon
12-02-2007, 04:00 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.1; U; en-us) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413 es61)

Apparently I can browse the wap version using my E61

darkdragoon
12-03-2007, 07:51 PM
I find this very weird. When I went to Mobile Webtender site on my BB, its tells me that their site was designed for mobile device using WML format and my browser does not support.

Apparently when I want to surf a site that has both WAP and HTML version, BB browser choose the latter. But... when I goto Facebook it chooses to load WAP version instead.

Is that a way I could force BB browser to use WAP format.