PDA

View Full Version : After Fall

Menthol
12-03-2007, 09:48 AM
My 8700r fell for the first time on Friday, after that and during Saturday I was having 505 errors (Sim card) so I took out the battery and reseat the Sim. No more errors everything is working fine.

Before the fall I was able to use the "K" key to lock and still able to use the keyboard to dial a phone # (without changing any settings) . Now, I can only have one or the other by changing the phone general settings "Dial from home screen to yes/no. Before the fall the unit came from Rogers and I did not change anything to achieve both options. Can anyone tell me how to set it some I can dial a number from the keyboard and still use K to lock the keyboard ? as was done prevoiusly before the fall.

Thanks.

JSanders
12-03-2007, 09:53 AM
Menthol... I know you said you could do both before the fall, however I don't know how it would be possible as the K to lock is a shortcut which must be enabled in the settings as you stated, which if you did, would disable the dialing from homescreen. Me, I would keep the K to lock shortcut and in the future just press the green dial button once to take you to the dialer screen first, to dial.

Menthol
12-03-2007, 11:17 AM
yes, I like the "K" keyboard lock. Damn, I was having the best of both options and didn't know it. It has to be a setting somewhere though. I tried an old backup from last week but no luck. I'll ask our IT guy

Thanks, I'll keep trying.

Menthol
12-03-2007, 04:30 PM
I was told this is something that was set by Rogers on new units and once you remove that Sim card you lose it. It seems to be true because I also lost the Voicemail setting on key "1" since removing the Sim. I have to figure how to set back the "1" to dial Voicemail.

JSanders
12-03-2007, 04:32 PM
Pull the battery and reboot. That will often reset the voicemail setting on the 1 key.

Menthol
12-03-2007, 07:41 PM
I've tried twice and still getting "Invalid phone number"
Thanks, any other suggestions?

Got it! Had to delete the blank entry at "W" on speed dial list and pull battery.

Thanks for your help.

I left the dial on homescreen to yes and use the side convenience key to lock the keyboard.