PDA

View Full Version : Re: Its me again!! Sorry abut this

andyphil
12-04-2007, 11:03 AM
Hi All,

First of all thank you for all the replys I have had so far with various questions. Orange telecom cannot offer me a call and data plan on a 12 month fixed contract for my Blackberry 8820 without selling me another telephone. I bought my 8820 through ebay. However today I have found O2 can offer me all that I need for £ 25 per month. The only problem is the phone is locked to the Orange network. If I can get the Blackberry unlocked what problems will I have when I try and sign up to O2? I have read that when they try and registar it with RIM? it will come up with that its a Orange phone. I have also entered in the PIN and IMEI number on blackberry site and it says that the phone is registered? Its brand new so I was told from the company on Ebay!! I again read that I have to get Orange to let me move the phone to O2 and get the person if I can find him/her (ebay) to contact Blackberry to remove them as keeper of the telephone? I seem to have at the moment to have been sold a pup, that I cant get emails pushed through to the Blackberry and make telephone calls without being ripped off by Orange. Has anyone had this problem and know the how to get through all of this.
Once again, many thanks for all those who have helped me so far.

Cheers
Andrew

JSanders
12-04-2007, 11:08 AM
Unlocking should not be a problem, could take up to 14 days for a non North American BB.

You must have the PIN and IMEI removed from the other carrier, normally by the previous owner. Sometimes a carrier will do it for you if you told them you bought it used.

Many others have had this problem and had it resolved, some never could. It all depends on the your attitude when you call the other carrier and the willingness of the Customer Service Rep you get on the phone. They can do it or not.

Good luck. Either way, I do hope you leave appropriate feedback for the seller on eBay. One more scammer down the drain.

mrjerome
12-05-2007, 12:04 PM
Unlocking should not be a problem, could take up to 14 days for a non North American BB.

You must have the PIN and IMEI removed from the other carrier, normally by the previous owner. Sometimes a carrier will do it for you if you told them you bought it used.

Many others have had this problem and had it resolved, some never could. It all depends on the your attitude when you call the other carrier and the willingness of the Customer Service Rep you get on the phone. They can do it or not.

Good luck. Either way, I do hope you leave appropriate feedback for the seller on eBay. One more scammer down the drain.

Good advice!