PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry Support; Pay only??

SSbogger
12-04-2007, 01:38 PM
So let's say I have a problem loading the Blackberry software on to my computer. I post a question about it on some forums but no one can help. Verizon can't help me because it deals with specifically BB Software and not their phone. Is there a way to receive support from RIM or Blackberry without paying for it?

Do they not have a help hotline?

Thatzmister2u
12-04-2007, 01:41 PM
Your carrier will facilitate a "case" with RIM so that you may speak with them. Without the carrier doing the hand-off I don't think they will talk to you.

jakeisgreat
12-04-2007, 02:19 PM
I have had to talk with RIM directly a handful of times with issues that Tmo couldn't fix themselves and I asked them before I got connect to them whether this call was going to cost me or not. As long as they connect you, it still stays within the realm of your customer service call to Tmo so you don't pay for it. Although the only RIM associates I ever spoke with didn't really help me ;) shhhhh you didn't hear that!

d_fisher
12-04-2007, 02:25 PM
Its no different then when you buy a Dell computer. Microsoft wont help you unless you pay them. Dell your direct support.

Verizon will help you as they are the reseller. As the others already stated, if you have to be escalated to RIM it will be free as long as Verizon calls them for you.

SSbogger
12-04-2007, 02:42 PM
it still stays within the realm of your customer service call to Tmo so you don't pay for it. Although the only RIM associates I ever spoke with didn't really help me ;) shhhhh you didn't hear that!

I'm not sure they will be able to help me either. Whats a Tmo btw?

So what yall are saying is that I need to go to Verizon and they will hook me up to RIM.

d_fisher
12-04-2007, 03:45 PM
TMO = T-Mobile
Verizon will put you in touch with RIM only if they think its necessary. What is your issue anyway?

x14
12-04-2007, 04:22 PM
So what yall are saying is that I need to go to Verizon and they will hook me up to RIM.

Yes, otherwise you will have to pay per insident with RIM.

SSbogger
12-05-2007, 07:56 AM
TMO = T-Mobile
Verizon will put you in touch with RIM only if they think its necessary. What is your issue anyway?

This is my issue (http://www.blackberryforums.com/rim-software/107034-desktop-manager-xml-parser-error.html)