PDA

View Full Version : T-Mobile Data Center Flooded

JGBerry
12-04-2007, 02:33 PM
Rains Flood Seattle T-Mobile Data Center - Data Center Knowledge (http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/2007/Dec/04/rains_flood_seattle_t-mobile_data_center.html)

JSanders
12-04-2007, 02:36 PM
Oooops!

jakeisgreat
12-04-2007, 02:42 PM
No wonder I can't sign onto TMo and I can't check my balance and minutes used on my phone. TMo has one problem after another. Oh well, I got another year in their stupid contract...

JGBerry
12-04-2007, 07:19 PM
don't worry..it's up and running.... FINALLY

ezrunner
12-04-2007, 07:27 PM
No wonder I can't sign onto TMo and I can't check my balance and minutes used on my phone. TMo has one problem after another. Oh well, I got another year in their stupid contract...

yup all their fault mother nature pissed on them so much!!!

I have had no problems with TMO myself

John Clark
12-04-2007, 08:43 PM
Exactly! Like it was their fault. smfh!!

FWIW, I had no service outages with TMo yesterday (other than the RIM BIS outage.) The fact that all their other systems continued to run with no hitches speaks volumes to me.

rivviepop
12-04-2007, 09:29 PM
FWIW, I had no service outages with TMo yesterday (other than the RIM BIS outage.) The fact that all their other systems continued to run with no hitches speaks volumes to me.

I never even noticed any problems either until I read the news. :)

jeffkoz
12-04-2007, 09:35 PM

Ditto.

The only problem here in SFL was DSL being out for several hours. I was still able to send/receive.

jeffkoz
12-04-2007, 09:37 PM
Oooops!

Got my vote(y)

Keebler
12-04-2007, 09:46 PM
In Northern IL we never noticed. It's not their fault

snowskier79
12-04-2007, 10:12 PM
Rains Flood Seattle T-Mobile Data Center - Data Center Knowledge (http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/2007/Dec/04/rains_flood_seattle_t-mobile_data_center.html)

Well . . . that sucks.

rambo47
12-04-2007, 10:28 PM
You'd think that MAYbe, just MAYbe, if they were in the Pacific northwest, known for a bit of wet weather, they might consider keeping their servers higher than in a basement. Of course they can't predict that kind of deluge, but I can't help but think that if their equipment was on a higher floor they might have avoided much of this unpleasantness. At Goldman Sachs, where so you suppose the data center is? It's on the 8th floor. That's not rocket science, that's common sense.

GLOCKshooter
12-05-2007, 07:25 AM
It is all Bush's fault. He and Cheney unleashed the Haliburton weather machine to punish the uber-liberal Seattle, who they suspect of developing nukes. T-Mobile is just another innocent victim of the Neo-Cons.

DaBlackberryBoy
12-05-2007, 09:12 AM
It is all Bush's fault. He and Cheney unleashed the Haliburton weather machine to punish the uber-liberal Seattle, who they suspect of developing nukes. T-Mobile is just another innocent victim of the Neo-Cons.

Thats some good crap right there LOL

d_fisher
12-05-2007, 09:53 AM
yup all their fault mother nature pissed on them so much!!!

I have had no problems with TMO myself

Actually, I would disagree. It is there fault. The data center is in Seattle where we know it rains quite often. Did they not plan for heavier than normal rains? Why would one data center outage cause wide spread issues? Are they not colocated to multiple other sites?

Data center planning is supposed to account for all possible issues (within reason). Including those caused by mother nature. The fault most definatly lies with T-Mobile.

ndub33
12-05-2007, 10:00 AM

Welll...actually...we are developing nukes...;-)

quillhill
12-05-2007, 03:05 PM
We got 5.8 billion gallons of water dumped on us in a 24 hour period. That's not a 100 year event which most businesses and governments plan for. It's a completely freakish thing that nobody around here was prepared for even after the flooding we had thanks to a storm in November '06. Places flooded that never flood.

I've lived here almost my entire life (nearly 30 years) and I've never seen flooding like this. It's a freak event that can't be planned for because it's not within reason.

Go look at the pictures of the flooding around Western Washington on the Seattle Times Web site. Perhaps some folks will be a bit more forgiving.

And not only are we developing nukes, we got enough USN subs in Bremerton and plans at McChord AFB, we could do some real damage. No wonder the vast right wing conspiracy is trying to destroy us. :-p