PDA

View Full Version : Create a Level 1 Message

kmb1966
06-23-2005, 10:02 AM
Ok, I've searched for this, but cannot find an answer.
I know that PIN messages are considered as Level 1 messages, but does anyone know any other way to email a message and have it flagged as level 1?? I can't figure out how a non PIN message can get flagged as Level 1??? Would it be the "importance" flag???

Gavinfoxx
06-23-2005, 10:33 AM
Are you on a Bes, Redirector, or Webmail? The place where you change the option is different based on how you have your email setup.

mingoglia
06-23-2005, 10:39 AM
I'm curious to know this as well. How I'm getting mail is since I control my own mail server I have messages come into my corporate account then the mail server is set to deliver the message locally and also forward it to my external blackberry address. I've done it this way instead of through checking my pop account to eliminate the 15 minute delay... I get messages instantly.

It's important to me because I get a lot of mail. In the evening, I'd like to set up a profile that allows server monitoring events to ring my BB while it's on my nightstand but I don't want just the basic email to ring it... I don't want a message soliciting something from a vendor to wake me up at night, but at the same time I want to know if one of my servers are down. :-)

Mike

kmb1966
06-23-2005, 10:44 AM
Are you on a Bes, Redirector, or Webmail? The place where you change the option is different based on how you have your email setup.

I'm not using BES. Just BWC.

Gavinfoxx
06-23-2005, 10:57 AM
I'm not using BES. Just BWC.
Okay, go here:
http://www.nextel.com/en/solutions/blackberry/internet_email_service.shtml

Click on: "Access the BlackBerry® Internet Email Service now! »"

log in, click on filters, click new, set up your filter to filter your important messages to a new filter called 'important' or whatever you want to call it, click level 1 notification, click save and close. then, on your blackberry, click profiles, go to the profile you want to use, edit the profile, edit level 1 messages to have whatever ringtone you want. save, and there you go!

Soapm
06-23-2005, 11:43 AM
Gavin is correct, in BES and BIS you have to create filters and identify the messages you want to be level 1...

dickies
06-23-2005, 11:47 AM
When you create an email, click the trackwheel in and select Options, then under Importance, change it to High, then click Save.

kmb1966
06-23-2005, 02:42 PM
Okay, go here:
http://www.nextel.com/en/solutions/blackberry/internet_email_service.shtml

Click on: "Access the BlackBerry® Internet Email Service now! »"

log in, click on filters, click new, set up your filter to filter your important messages to a new filter called 'important' or whatever you want to call it, click level 1 notification, click save and close. then, on your blackberry, click profiles, go to the profile you want to use, edit the profile, edit level 1 messages to have whatever ringtone you want. save, and there you go!

Ok, I get what you are saying here. The thing is, in Outlook if you click on the Important Flag, it makes a little red "!", and says that this message is flagged with an Importance of "High". But in the BWC filter setup, there is no way I can find to pick up that flag of Importance "High". The options are to look for from/to, subject line contains/does not contain type options. There is not a way that I can find to setup a filter that sees the Important Flag, and therefore filter it.

Gavinfoxx
06-24-2005, 07:11 AM
Well... it depends... are you using redirector with outlook to forward your outlook email from an active computer, or are you using the blackberry web client to forward email using the web? i gave instructions as if you WERE NOT using outlook....

takeshi
06-24-2005, 08:39 AM
Exactly -- you can only flag email as Level 1 based on importance (which I personally find useless as people who think their email is important are quite often wrong) through the Redirector Settings in Desktop Manager. I think you need to be either on a BES or using the Desktop Redirector. The BWC/BIC filters will only allow you to create filters flagging email as Level 1 based on keywords in the From/To/Cc fields or in the Subject or Body of the email.

Gavinfoxx
06-24-2005, 09:31 AM
DONT use the filters in outlook... this is important, they DONT WORK... either use the filters in the webpage I showed you if you are using the webclient, or use the filters in the desktop manager in redirector settings if you are on a BES or Redirector...

Soapm
06-24-2005, 06:07 PM
Gavin is correct, in BES and BIS you have to create filters and identify the messages you want to be level 1...

rsun
06-24-2005, 09:40 PM
Yes, this works just fine, I've got lots of filters to set this as a Level 1 message.

bigadee
08-09-2005, 12:29 PM
I have a yahoo email account and it has spam filters is there a way i can redirect my emails without the marketing emails? does anyone know

balistik1
10-05-2005, 12:04 PM
Yes filters are a good way to go. But they don't seem to work if there is no subject on the subject line.
Does anyone have a work around for this?

CanuckMakem
10-05-2005, 12:36 PM
*ahem* GMAIL *ahem*

Dawg
10-05-2005, 01:41 PM
ditto what canuck said

saraythach
10-25-2005, 03:46 PM
Could any tell me what is level 1 messages in bb profiles? what does it do?
thanks

Soapm
10-25-2005, 11:06 PM
You make some messages level 1 so you can set a different notification. I get about 200 mails/day so I don't want to be alerted on all messages. But if I get a page or a message I marked as level 1 I will be alerted when it arrives.

stgteck
09-27-2007, 01:03 PM
I'm on a BES.. do I need to contact my IT department and have them perform some voodoo? I'm getting tired of being notified when every e-mail arrives in my inbox.

kelvin
09-27-2007, 02:48 PM
You just need to update your profile - here you can change the way your BB reacts to messages.

jeremyckitching
09-27-2007, 02:54 PM
I'm on a BES.. do I need to contact my IT department and have them perform some voodoo? I'm getting tired of being notified when every e-mail arrives in my inbox.

How do I edit my notification tones (profiles)? - BlackBerryFAQ (http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_do_I_edit_my_notification_tones_%28profiles%29%3F)