PDA

View Full Version : Deleting Browser

DonB368
12-04-2007, 06:57 PM
I have deleted my wifes data plan because she really just needs her Pearl for phone and text. What else do I need to do to make sure nothing is accessing the internet automatically (the browser still shows as running when I check Alt + Back). She doesn't have any 3rd party apps that connect, but what about Email? I am going to delete her BIS Email setup, but should I also be deleting any service books? It seems like the browser icons didn't show up on the phone until we activated the data plan - will they go away once it is cancelled (because they have not so far)?
Thanks,
Don

John Clark
12-04-2007, 08:29 PM
Did you try removing the battery? The browsers will likely go away after a while. You can delete the service books if you like and that will make it go away sooner.

DonB368
12-05-2007, 07:15 AM
Thanks John. I did pull the battery, but that didn't do any good. As of this morning the browser icons are still there. I am going to delete the service books now.
Don

akosnitzky
12-05-2007, 07:38 AM
Wirelessly posted (Verizon 8830: BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105 UP.Browser/5.0.3.3 UP.Link/5.1.2.1)

Another thought is check your account and monitor the data usage which should show zero.

DonB368
12-05-2007, 08:24 AM
The whole thing is kinda weird :? After the AT&T rep cancelled the data plan, when you try and launch the browser (or Email) it gives a pop-up that says no data plan is available, and the browser will not continue. What if I wanted to access something on a "pay per KB" basis? She will not be doing that, but I would still like the opportunity just in case we needed it.
Don