PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry - Alarm clock with telephone signaler

mr_blue
12-05-2007, 01:23 PM
Hi,

I have this alarm clock with telephone signaler:

http://www.marilynelectronics.net/products/clocks/images/sbt425ss.jpg

And I have a Blackberry model 8700.

The Blackberry vibration mode isn't powerful enough to wake me up so I'm wondering if there's a way to connect the blackberry to the telephone signaler ? Because the alarm clock has a very more powerful bed shaker...

I really need a product or an idea that a electronic can do something for me...

Take note that I'm deaf, so a loud ring tone isn't possible. I don't want to sleep with a blackberry in the pillow since my head isn't always on it. Also, I don't want to "attach" the blackberry on my body, I want to sleep well and comfortably...

Thank you very much for your help and/or ideas !

anesone
12-05-2007, 05:59 PM
If you have a landline, you could hook that up to the alarm and then you could set your BB to forward unanswered calls to that number.

ezrunner
12-05-2007, 07:13 PM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8800/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Yups that is a workable solution!

With enough thought and enginuity I am sure something could be created would need someone with a strong electronics background or an engineer to figure it out! Not that the average joe couldn't figure it out eventually

orbitz
12-05-2007, 11:31 PM
Is the idea to have the alarm clock vibrator piece wake you when / if your BB rings while you are sleeping i.e. the middle of the night for example?

Does the vibrator have two connections, one for the alarm clock and a separate one for the phone?

mr_blue
12-06-2007, 09:36 AM
If you have a landline, you could hook that up to the alarm and then you could set your BB to forward unanswered calls to that number.

Yes, it would be possible but I'm not alone in the house... We're 5 with only one landline. This is not acceptable for the others :-(

mr_blue
12-06-2007, 09:37 AM
Is the idea to have the alarm clock vibrator piece wake you when / if your BB rings while you are sleeping i.e. the middle of the night for example?

Does the vibrator have two connections, one for the alarm clock and a separate one for the phone?

The vibrator is connected directly to the alarm clock.

The alarm clock has a telephone wire and I'm wondering if we could do something with it... Like a device that will send a telephone signal when the Blackberry is "ringing" (vibrate).