PDA

View Full Version : 7250 with Smartcard Reader Problems

Muchenik
12-06-2007, 02:55 PM
Hello Everyone,
I have a 7250 activated through Verizon and tied to a blackberry enterprise server. I am running the following desktop software:
Desktop_Software_v4.2_SP2_without_Media_Manager_(English)
And the following handheld software:
7250EFSBP_PBr4.1.0_rel472_PL2.2.0.159_A4.1.0.353

Other users are able to pair their Smartcard reader RBB10BW and receive certificates and send in SMIME. I receive the following error when I attempt to pair my Blackberry:
net.rim.device.api.smartcard.smartcardException.net.rim.device.api.smartcard.smartcardException: smartcard open failed

I have attempted to pair other Smart card readers and have yet to get past this error. The Blackberry has been wiped and reloaded many times with the same software that the other users are using and I am the only one experiencing this error.

I have had a difficult time finding support for this smart card reader,

Has anyone seen this error before or know where I could find out more about it?

I was looking into the bluetooth specifications for this device but everything there seems to be in the up and up.

Thank you for your time...

Jose

shwala
12-12-2007, 11:23 AM
Hi

Adamphones have just opened up a forum - try asking there - Airtime Manager Mobile Data Forum - Powered by vBulletin (http://www.airtimemanager.co.uk/forum/)

Muchenik
12-12-2007, 11:39 AM
Thank you,

I will check it out. I have seen a few things here and there about the reader either not connecting or proper certs not publishing. This error is stumping me though.