PDA

View Full Version : Glitches Using Blackberry as Go-Between for Outlook on Two Computers

LKitsch
12-06-2007, 10:51 PM
I have just started using my blackberry (which I absolutely love, btw) as a go-between for two computers on which I have MS Outlook. One is at work and one at home. I like to have my contacts and calendar in both places, so I synch in both places using the desktop manager. It generally works pretty well, but there are some glitches, which are not always predictable.

Sometimes, changes made on the work Outlook program won't "take" on the other when I bring the blackberry home and synch it. Sometimes, it's the opposite. Sometimes I find it deleting items on one or both, or on itself.

Most of this occurs with the calendar function, which gets the most use. FYI, the two Outlooks are hooked up to two different email addresses, one yahoo at home and one on my employer's server (but not enterprise). Any suggestions? Thank you!

Dubdub
12-07-2007, 07:21 AM
how do you have the BB sync configured? Does Outlook win, does the BB win or do they sync together? Sounds like that might be the problem.

LKitsch
12-07-2007, 10:23 AM
Neither. I have it set on "notify when conflicts occur" and I have not been notified.

Aroc
12-07-2007, 11:00 PM
Sync your home computer directly with your work's exchange server.

The BB makes a poor replication hub, and we've seen the symptoms you describe (changes don't aways take on the "2nd" system sync). Servers make much better replication hubs.

That's my suggestion based on experience, anyway.