PDA

View Full Version : Unlock phone while on call?

ender03
12-10-2007, 09:03 PM
Normally, when I initiate a call, I can "escape" out of the phone application without having to hang up the active call. However, my company has a mandatory time-out lock on the BB devices, and when I receive a call while the phone is in a locked state, I can't figure out how to unlock the device. For example, I receive a call and need to check my calendar to see if I'm free for a meeting. Right now I have to hang up and unlock the phone first if the phone was already locked when I answered the call. Anyone know if there is an option to allow the phone to be unlocked while there is an active call?

John Clark
12-10-2007, 10:27 PM
Never tried this. I would think so, though.

adotleezy
12-10-2007, 10:31 PM
Try pressing esc key while in call and put in your pw when the prompt comes up

ender03
12-11-2007, 09:40 PM
No... tried that. It won't bring up the password entry screen it it's already locked.

juwaack68
12-11-2007, 09:45 PM
Sorry, that can't be done. The lock on the device prevents you from accessing anything else, including the unlock.

Does the device lock regardless of if it's being used or not?

John Clark
12-11-2007, 10:36 PM
But why wouldn't they make it unlockable when on the phone. Seems like something that just got missed. Maybe I'm missing something, instead, though.

sreeja
12-12-2007, 02:39 AM
Hooking up an unlocked phone for service is a relatively easy process, even if you don't have a singular contract already. Your first task is to order and sign up for singular service either at a store on the carrier's Web site. Of course, they will ask you if you need a phone, but you don't have to buy one by any means. Just tell the sales representative that you already own a handset. They may ask which model you own, but they shouldn't require that information to provide service. Once you've signed your contract and have your SIM card , just pop it into the phone and start making calls.

Alan1984
12-12-2007, 05:07 AM
I know some unlock knowledge on Nokia but not very clear about Blackberry.My 8800 work well and it was my friend helped me.Let me ask him and tell you next time

-------------------------------
Mobile Phone Games, Free Java Games for Mobile and Cell Phoneshttp://download.gamemobile.com/picture/ok/458X121.jpg

donthateme13
12-12-2007, 05:18 AM
first off to be clear the poster just wants to unlock the phone in terms of the pass word not unlock the sim card

secondly to unlock while on a call just hit the menu key and scroll down to unlock then enter ur pass word and ull be good to go(y)

Dodge DeBoulet
12-12-2007, 08:58 AM
On the 8700 series, clicking the thumbwheel during a call presents a menu with an "unlock" choice. I'm assuming that trackball-based models have a similar option (perhaps the "Menu" key referenced in the previous post?).

monkeypaw
12-12-2007, 01:53 PM
snip

secondly to unlock while on a call just hit the menu key and scroll down to unlock then enter ur pass word and ull be good to go(y)

Cool, this works.

ender03
12-16-2007, 11:24 AM

Sweet! Thanks!!