PDA

View Full Version : Ridiculous call waiting issue 8800 WE

big_ham
12-11-2007, 01:50 PM
I have the Verizon 8800 World Edition (my 4th blackberry) and I CANNOT get call waiting to work properly.

When another call comes in, if I want to answer it, I do NOT get the auto-prompt to either hold and answer, drop and answer or ignore ... NOR do I have the "swap" option when I hit the blackberry key.

My ATT Pearl and TMO 7100 before it never had these issues. I'm frustrated to say the least.

Anyone else having this problem?

greggebhardt
12-11-2007, 03:32 PM
Is it possibly a carrier problem and not RIM's?

vZwire
12-11-2007, 04:04 PM
This has nothing to do with the phone.

Call your provider. I'd bet a Snickers Bar that the "call waiting" feature is not on the account.

If you send me a msg, I can look it up in Verizon's system. ( I work for them) I need your phone number.

SheepDog
12-11-2007, 04:29 PM
If the phone is set up to do it you still have to pay extra to be able to use it?

lets see, gps, call waiting, what else?

vZwire
12-11-2007, 05:22 PM
If the phone is set up to do it you still have to pay extra to be able to use it?

lets see, gps, call waiting, what else?
I said nothing about the customer getting charged for call waiting...

It is still an "optional" feature that can be added or deleted off the account. Sometimes the simple features such as caller ID, call forwarding, call waiting, etc. can be inadvertently deleted off the account.

So calm down...no need to try to get rich quick on another law suit...:-?

JRSCCivic98
12-11-2007, 05:26 PM
Hit menu and choose the option you want. Or you could simply forget that you have a "fancy smartphone" and just hit Send to hold the current call and answer the other. Then hit Send again to switch back to the original, etc. It's not difficult and it works just fine. I had to do it this morning and I not only switched twice between two calls, but also again after the 2nd hung up and a 3rd call came in while I was still on the original call. Works fine. Switching without a hitch.

At first there was a problem with this, but if you're on the most recent OS update for this phone it's fine. It was fixed with the 2nd release of the OS from the carrier.

greggebhardt
12-11-2007, 05:46 PM
Another happy Verizon customer!

Have you tried calling them, it likely will not cost a thing!