PDA

View Full Version : Filters to sort email into different folders using multiple fields in an email?

mbrianmills
12-11-2007, 06:27 PM
I'm brand-spanking-new here, but I searched the forum as well as Google and have not found an answer to this question so I am guessing that the answer is that it cannot be done.

I just got an 8820 (AT&T) which I am fairly impressed with compared to other "smart" phones and PDAs I have had in the past.
The greatest shortcoming for me with all smartphones still seems to exist with my new BlackBerry though.

I monitor the activity on several of our company's servers by getting Java tracedumps emailed to me as well as when certain errors are encountered. I use Outlook on my desktop where I have approximately 60 rules setup to sort my emails accordingly (I receive 6000+ emails in a 24 hour period). The emails are sorted based on the server they were sent from (from address), subject, and body contents.

As far as I can tell I cannot have on the BlackBerry the same type of sort features I use with my rules in Outlook. Of the 6000+ emails I receive I need to act on some 500 of them in a given 24 hour period and the other 5500 can be ignored though I do store them for a short while in case of a significant increase in those messages.

Is there anyway with my new, cool BlackBerry to sort emails into different folders based on the from address, subject, and message body?

Oh yeah, we don't use Exchange or BES we have only a basic POP email system.

Thanks!

Brian