PDA

View Full Version : 7280 recovery from being dropped in water

MKell
12-12-2007, 09:06 AM
I have managed to dry it out over two days. I can send a receive emails. The phone rings when called.

I can use the phone BUT can't end a call - the little end call switch is not connecting and I had to remove the battery to end the call. I have had this wonderful BB a long time and it has been through a lot with me. I hate giving it up! Any thoughts on whether this can be fixed? Is there a key method of ending a call? Thanks in advance.

penguin3107
12-12-2007, 09:11 AM
It's time for a new device. The 7280 is ancient.
If you're that attached to it, you can probably pick up another one on eBay for about $10.00.

MKell
12-12-2007, 11:11 AM
It seems to have repaired itself and works fine now. Since this BB has been through Europe and South America many times, has been dropped, lost, left in sundry places and been a god send to a very stressed out executive, I am not ready to give it up. Believe me, I have read tons of reviews and user problem inquiries on all the series- I know there are more up to date models! I am even a Sox fan. I may upgrade but not because I have to.

rby1
12-14-2007, 08:34 PM
Click wheel, scroll to end call?

exit button is easy to replace. desolder, remove, resolder. I can mail you the parts (free).

Electronics don't have immune systems so they can't heal themselves. There is water damage. Unit will be flakey. Backup often.