PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry 8800 Wont Stop Restarting.

Msteven16
12-12-2007, 06:29 PM
Was happening earlier too. Each time I try to plug it into the battery or try to sync it to my computer, the phone justturns off then resarts and repeats.

Does anyone know what the cause could be?

Second Question:
If I unlock the BB then reinstall a new OS, will it stay unlocked?

ezrunner
12-12-2007, 06:43 PM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8800/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Yes it will stay unlocked

Msteven16
12-12-2007, 06:53 PM
Thanks. I really need this thing to stop restarting. Does anyone know whats going on.

greggebhardt
12-12-2007, 07:06 PM
I would say that you might have a short in your USB connector on the side of your device.

Is the device brand new, if so return it.

Has the device worked well and then starting doing this. The connector is pretty tuff but if dropped while the plug is in the side of the phone and if it hit the plug just right, well it will break the connection with the circuit board.

Not repairable without the tools and skills to fix it.

Hope you have made a backup

mdgoblue
12-13-2007, 07:23 PM
I had a somewhat similar issue where my device would reset by simply tapping on the side or the top. I would set it down on my desk and it would reset...even when I deliberately set it down soft.

I went through 3 warranty replacments from Verizon to find out that my battery was bad. I replaced the battery and could drop it on the floor (carpeted) in my office and it never reset.

Short version of this story...try a new battery.

SheepDog
12-13-2007, 07:59 PM
and please dont intentionally drop the 8830 anywhere even on a pillow!

They may not break as I dropped one 3 plus feet onto a tile floor and it lived; but who wants to risk it!