PDA

View Full Version : 8700g and outlook.

roboedar
12-12-2007, 11:23 PM
Hi there. I have an 8700 g with the regular internet add on. I also run a small business that uses squirrelmail (web based email) that is an IMAP4 mail server.

Here is my problem:

I receive email onto my blackberry and open it. I then go into outlook or directly to the web based mail service and it will show that I have opened the email, however it will not show that I replied.

I am wondering how I can get it to show that I have replied to the email. Does this require BES addon?

What do I need to do to get this working the way I want! Thank you very much

Best Regards
Edgar

aiharkness
12-13-2007, 07:16 PM
Wirelessly posted (8700g: BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Edgar, I'm not sure if this is what you want -- and maybe you have considered this -- but you can set BIS to bcc an email address (say your squirrelmail account). You could move to sent manually, or set up a rule if you have that capability.

ejzohn
12-13-2007, 09:55 PM
Try this:

In your BIS account, set an auto bcc to this address - IMAPusername+sent_items@<hidden> Mail will be placed in the "sent items" folder, assuming your IMAP setup has the "sent items" folder being a subfolder (most IMAP systems do, I think).

The string "+sent_items" is literal. IMAPusername gets substituted with your name and domain gets substituted with your domain.

This worked for me.

aiharkness
12-14-2007, 04:55 AM
Try this:

In your BIS account, set an auto bcc to this address - IMAPusername+sent_items@<hidden> Mail will be placed in the "sent items" folder, assuming your IMAP setup has the "sent items" folder being a subfolder (most IMAP systems do, I think).

The string "+sent_items" is literal. IMAPusername gets substituted with your name and domain gets substituted with your domain.

This worked for me.

That's even better. Cool.