PDA

View Full Version : Trouble loading ringtones.

mr. smith.
12-13-2007, 11:29 AM
Hi all.
l have been trying to install some ringtones to my 8700 through the desktop managers application loader without success, l get the application loader wizard but in the applications box l get the message,
No system software was found for your device, contact your system administrator or service provider for information on obtaining device system software.
Under this box, across from the add button a message says,
Total Application Space 0 K.
The desktop software version l am using is 4.1.0, l know 4.2 is out but on a dail up connection and 22hrs of download in front of me, l am stuck with using this version. :x
My questions are, (keeping in mind l'm a newby so be gentle), is there some software l'm obviously unaware of that will allow me to use the ringtones l want or will l forever be stuck with the standard crappy ringtones?
Am l missing something?
Can custom ringtones be added through this version of Desktop manager?

Although l will defend the Blackbury without question and use it as my primary phone, why do they make it so hard, my motorola backup is a dream to load, it even has a bluetooth function that works, (shh, don't mention Bluetooth).
Can anybody please help, l dont know what else to try. :?

JSanders
12-13-2007, 11:41 AM
Mr. Smith,

Get all the ringtones you want via your 8700 browser, it would be much easier for you. Try www.tuneusin.com.
Also some at Index of /ringtones (http://www.agaboobie.net/ringtones/)

What is your OS version of the BB? If it is 4.1, you can not move ringtones via Desktop Manager.

And bluetooth works quite well on the BB. As does a backup. It is one button to press in the Desktop Manager.

I would encourage you to find a way to upgrade your DM to version 4.2, Service Pack 2.

mr. smith.
12-13-2007, 12:58 PM
Thanks for the help, l have just tried tuneusin.com and l can get the tones to play on my BB but l get no save function in the menu so l cannot keep them. Is there another way or am l making a mistake?

JSanders
12-13-2007, 01:01 PM
While the ringtone is playing, or ended, click your trackwheel to SAVE.

wingrider78
12-13-2007, 04:01 PM
Hi all.
l have been trying to install some ringtones to my 8700 through the desktop managers application loader without success, l get the application loader wizard but in the applications box l get the message,
No system software was found for your device, contact your system administrator or service provider for information on obtaining device system software.
Under this box, across from the add button a message says,
Total Application Space 0 K.
The desktop software version l am using is 4.1.0, l know 4.2 is out but on a dail up connection and 22hrs of download in front of me, l am stuck with using this version. :x
My questions are, (keeping in mind l'm a newby so be gentle), is there some software l'm obviously unaware of that will allow me to use the ringtones l want or will l forever be stuck with the standard crappy ringtones?
Am l missing something?
Can custom ringtones be added through this version of Desktop manager?

Although l will defend the Blackbury without question and use it as my primary phone, why do they make it so hard, my motorola backup is a dream to load, it even has a bluetooth function that works, (shh, don't mention Bluetooth).
Can anybody please help, l dont know what else to try. :?

If you would like, I can put the DM version 4.2 sp2 on a disk and mail it to you. I can also include an OS upgrade to 4.2 if you let me know which one you want. I have an 8700g on tmo and I use v4.2.1.107 for tmo US and this is the version that has worked best for me, there is also a v4.2.1.108 for tmo EUR that is the latest version out. Just PM me and give me your address and I will send the disk out for you.

I believe that you need version 4.2 on both DM and OS to be able to use the Media Manager with the desktop software....I'm sure that if I am wrong, someone will speak up. I upgraded both at the same time, so I don't know for certain.

mr. smith.
12-14-2007, 07:43 AM
Wow Wingrider78, Thanks very much, l was hoping to ask someone with a Broadband connection if l could hire their machine but this is so much better, l have been hanging out to get this version on my 8700V just for the improved desktop manager. l am posting you a PM and also to reimburse any costs, again thanks.

wingrider78
12-14-2007, 10:40 PM
No problem, I have a disk ready with the 4.2 DM and 6 or 7 different 4.2 OS releases for you to try out....I figured that if I am sending a disk to Austraila, I might as well fill the darn thing up.....good luck with the upgrades, I will send it out tomorrow.