PDA

View Full Version : Synch error "Connector specific error"

chaunsd
12-13-2007, 12:48 PM
I was synching my new BB8830 for the 4th time with Desktop Manager 4.3 and got an Intellisync error of "Connector specific error". I couldn't find any threads on this. Does anyone know what it means and the resolution? I tried closing Desktop Manager, disconnecting the BB and restarted Desktop Manager and connecting the BB and still get the error when attempting to synch.
TIA

LAAdams
12-15-2007, 06:53 PM
I have the same error when I sync my calendar. Did you find a solution?

Thank you.

ETFishman
12-25-2007, 06:51 PM
I'm having the same problem. Help!

kermalou
01-14-2008, 03:01 PM
anybody have a solution to this?

cameron.personal
02-25-2008, 11:34 AM
add me to the "Connector Specific Error" club...

cameron.personal
02-25-2008, 06:08 PM
So After trying unsuccessfully to reset everything I un-installed Desktop Manager 4.3 and re-installed 4.2 SP2 and now I have the same problem when trying to sync:

"Internal Error (see logs)"

and from the Logs:

On 2/25/2008 11:43 AM
Synchronize Device Calendar with Microsoft Outlook Calendar

First System: Device
Second System: Microsoft Outlook
Second System File Name: Calendar
Conflict Resolution: Notify
Appointment Range: From 2/25/2007 To 2/24/2009

--> Duplicate records found!

Total Inputs From First System: 0

Field mapping used for translation:
Device Microsoft Outlook
Description Title --------------- Subject
Notes --------------------------- Body
Location ------------------------ Location
Alarm Date ---------------------- Alarm Date
Alarm Time ---------------------- Alarm Time
Start Date ---------------------- Start Date
Start Time ---------------------- Start Time
End Date ------------------------ End Date
End Time ------------------------ End Time
Alarm Flag ---------------------- Reminder Set Flag
Free Busy ----------------------- Show Time As
Private ------------------------- Private

Internal Error #4238.
Translation Canceled!

Anyone been able to get rid on the:

"Connector specific error"

or

"Internal Error (see logs)"

or

"Internal Error #4238."

Thanks in advance...
Cam

cameron.personal
02-26-2008, 11:53 AM
OK I was able to fix this by using the RESET CONFIGURATION option.

On Desktop Manager 4.2 -> Synchronize -> Configuration -> Reset Configuration

glatech
03-17-2008, 01:48 PM
Connector Specific Error:

I had the same issue when I tried to sync my 8310.

The following solution worked for me.

Solution (provided that your desktop calendar application is fully up to day, if not you may loose the unsynced info)
- In the Desktop Manager, Go to the "Backup and Restore" --> Advanced
- In the right column, select the "Calendar" database and clear it.
- The sync should work :smile:

jbt71172
03-25-2008, 04:16 PM
glatech -
Thank you, thank you! I have been living with this unanswered question for some time now. Not sure how you figured out but thank you!

10ACTony
03-25-2008, 09:30 PM
Gosh You guys are terrific. It happened to me and you fixed it. Thanks!

ddaniels
04-13-2008, 02:47 AM
No joy here on clearing calendar or tasks... same error on 8310:connector specific error.

naraiz
04-16-2008, 07:06 PM
glatech, I used your suggestion and must admit that it worked like a charm. Thank you for sharing the solution.(y)

www.clubhead.com
05-05-2008, 06:53 PM
yea so i got this error also.. & the solutions above did not work for me :(

anyone else got any solutions?
i have a bb8830
bb desktop software 4.3
on sprint

cgarrabr
05-06-2008, 03:45 PM
I started to get this error a couple days ago. Clearing the database fixed it.
Thanks!

Crackberry Head
06-09-2008, 11:11 AM
If all of the above doesn't work, pull the battery so your Blackberry itself resets. I have an 8230 and the above instructions didn't work until I did that to reset the device, too!

WilPro
06-10-2008, 09:49 PM
Another thanks to glatech from me on the solution to clear the calendar!

rjmoose
06-13-2008, 02:39 AM
Thank you. It worked for me also.

I has to do 3 things though:

1. Pull the battery

2. Clear BOTH Calendar databases (Calendar and Calendar All)

3. Clear Tasks

Thanks again!!!!!

UPDATE: This is happening all the time unless I go in and clear the Tasks Database. It is getting very annoying. Any ideas anyone???????

newberry52
07-14-2008, 09:58 PM
I developed this problem today. First, let me say how much I appreciate having these fora. Many of my problems have been addressed here and a search usually reveals an answer.

I followed the step of clearing the database, but I verified that it really was the calendar causing my problem. I unchecked it in the synchronization configuration and then tried sycning and it worked with just memos, tasks, and the address book. Then I cleared the calendar database and tried resyncing again, after having reset all options to two-way syncing. It worked and I only lost one appointment that I can enter again very easily. I synched once more to see if it would hold, and it did, so far... Now to see what happens over the next few days.

springhatch
08-02-2008, 09:37 PM
Everything up to an hour ago has been error free on my 8700c. Then got the problem everyone here's talking about. Reset sync and battery pull didn't work, so I watched which sync and direction were occurring when the error popped up. If you move the error window, you'll see the category of data that caused the problem: Calendar, Memos, Address Book or Tasks. In my case it was reading Tasks from the device and comparing the data to the Tasks in MS-Outlook when the error occured.

So now to isolate the problem further. First, I backed up all data on the BB. Then I removed the Task sync, reran the other three syncs and no problem. I changed the Task sync to overwrite all data on the BB from MS-Outlook. Did this a couple times with no problem. I then reversed the process and, surprisingly, had two Tasks that were different than their MS-Outlook counterparts (?) even though I just wrote the data w/o any change. I didn't investigate what was different since I wouldn't know what to do with it anyway. I ok'd the changes and reran the sync a couple times - no exception. I then changed to a two-way sync and reran ~5 times with no further exception.

Hope this works and helps.

ishan001
08-03-2008, 05:55 PM
I had the same error and on doing some research, I found that I had a duplicate entry on my calander in blackberry. I deleted one of the duplicate entries and the error disappeared and I could sync again like before.
Hope this works for you guys.
And thanks for the amazing forum! :)

mlombardo
08-30-2008, 03:59 PM
This solution is great, has saved me hours of heart ache. The forum is great :smile:

techluvr1234
08-30-2008, 04:06 PM
For all those who still have the problem, since it says "connector specific error", have you tried replacing your USB cable, or using a different one?

dAtaFoRm
09-19-2008, 11:14 PM
First, Thank you Glatech (posted 3-17-2008) your solution worked very well.

My profile: 8320, 4.2.2.18 app, 2.5.0.36 platform, DT Manager 4.3.0.17, T-Mobile, non-enterprise, 14MB open space.

The cause of my "Connector Specific Error" was due to the deletion of a weekly repeating calendar entry and then the addition of a weekly calendar entry.

The original entry that was deleted did not have an end date and was created in MS Outlook 2003.

The new entry was created on my BB with a end date of 2 years.

I am not sure if I would have experienced the same issue if I had performed one of the above tasks and not the other BUT I am sure this was the cause (I had just sync'd, made the change and sync'd again when this happened.

Hope this helps.

hunslet49
11-04-2008, 02:35 PM
It was the advice from dataform that helped me.

I had accepted an invite to a series of meetings sent to me through outlook via a different server. Once i deleted that everything worked fine.
Thanks for everyone's contribution - these forums really save some hair loss.